Private tour Le Havre to Honfleur

2curious

Hello 2curious, I don't know if you travelled yet but maybe this will help some of you. I don't know if you heard about it but there is a touristic bus company named Bee Le Havre where you can book a little bus. I know that they are going to Honfleur, maybe you can contact them to know more about it ?

Have a nice day and I hope that you will appreciate Le Havre, it is a beautiful city !

Unfortunately, Bee Le Havre offers just one tour, departing at the beginning of the afternoon, and staying a very short time (2 hours) in Honfleur : I really think it's a pity just to stay 2 hours in Honfleur. Fares are 15€/pp. and you have to take the shuttle bus to reach the pick up place.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi LAX-ER,

The taxi driver we booked is called Rabah. His contact info is:

011 33 6 71 71 32 85

taxi043@gmail.com

The best way is to write to him in French. We used Google translation and my friend’s son to help us.

My experience is that my Le Havre taxi enquiries in English are often not replied.

Since we have group of 9, and his taxi can only hold 8 max, he agreed to send 2 taxis for us. We arranged 3 hours with him to wait for us in Honfleur.

Since your cruise is in May, and mine is in June, maybe you can share your experience with the taxi situation upon your return. Thanks!

Can you please tell me the contact information for the taxi to Honfleur? How many hours did you arrange with him? We will be in Le Havre early next month on the Sapphire Princess.

Thanks very much.

Hi Julbrt, my cruise is at end of June. I will provide feedback of my experience re the taxi situation after my cruise. Thanks!

Hello 2curious, I don't know if you travelled yet but maybe this will help some of you. I don't know if you heard about it but there is a touristic bus company named Bee Le Havre where you can book a little bus. I know that they are going to Honfleur, maybe you can contact them to know more about it ?

Have a nice day and I hope that you will appreciate Le Havre, it is a beautiful city !

By the way, I found this taxi reference from the post in the France ports forum. Hope this helps.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2472088

Hi LAX-ER,

011 33 6 71 71 32 85

taxi043@gmail.com

The best way is to write to him in French. We used Google translation and my friend’s son to help us.

My experience is that my Le Havre taxi enquiries in English are often not replied.

Since we have group of 9, and his taxi can only hold 8 max, he agreed to send 2 taxis for us. We arranged 3 hours with him to wait for us in Honfleur.

Since your cruise is in May, and mine is in June, maybe you can share your experience with the taxi situation upon your return. Thanks!

Hi LAX-ER,

011 33 6 71 71 32 85

taxi043@gmail.com

Thank you for the info! I will post our experience here if we do make the trip to Honfleur.

Thanks Julbrt for the information re Bee Le Havre.

AI54, I found additional information re this bus tour to Honfleur. There are 3 tours: 10:45am, 12:15pm and 2:15pm. The adult fare is actually 25euros/pp. I attached their website below. But I agree that 2 hours in Honfleur is not enough to visit this beautiful harbour.

https://beelehavre.com/home-en.html

Unfortunately, Bee Le Havre offers just one tour, departing at the beginning of the afternoon, and staying a very short time (2 hours) in Honfleur : I really think it's a pity just to stay 2 hours in Honfleur. Fares are 15€/pp. and you have to take the shuttle bus to reach the pick up place.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks a lot, 2curious : they updated their site in english (fares too) but.....not the french one (I checked yesterday, maybe it was still the winter timetable). Timetable is better, but 2 hours in Honfleur are still too short. Thanks again for sharing.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums

• 3 months later...

I just came back from our BI cruise and would like to share our experience with our Honfleur visit:

1. Our pre-arranged taxi driver showed up promptly and he brought another driver. So there were 2 taxis for our group of 9. He speaks good English (but the other driver does not). He first drove us up the hill to visit the Notre Dame de Grace church and see a panaromic view of Honfleur. Then he dropped us off in town and arranged to pick us up 4 hours later. We walked around the harbour area and spent our time leisurely. Honfleur is a pretty town and we enjoyed our visit. We paid the driver at the end of the tour. We were very satisfied with this taxi driver.

2. Taxi situation: there were about 6-7 taxis there waiting at the Le Havre pier. There were few people taking taxi with no line up. I could hear some drivers speak English.

There was also a board at the port showing some local taxi tours and their price.

Hope this information is useful to anyone planning their own tour at Le Havre.

I just came back from our BI cruise and would like to share our experience with our Honfleur visit:

1. Our pre-arranged taxi driver showed up promptly and he brought another driver. So there were 2 taxis for our group of 9. He speaks good English (but the other driver does not). He first drove us up the hill to visit the Notre Dame de Grace church and see a panaromic view of Honfleur. Then he dropped us off in town and arranged to pick us up 4 hours later. We walked around the harbour area and spent our time leisurely. Honfleur is a pretty town and we enjoyed our visit. We paid the driver at the end of the tour. We were very satisfied with this taxi driver.

2. Taxi situation: there were about 6-7 taxis there waiting at the Le Havre pier. There were few people taking taxi with no line up. I could hear some drivers speak English.

There was also a board at the port showing some local taxi tours and their price.

Hope this information is useful to anyone planning their own tour at Le Havre.

Could you please tell me the price of the taxi? We are a group of 6 so would we be able to get in 1 taxi? We would like to do the same thing you did get their and spend 4 hours there and go to cathedral first.

Thanks so much for posting back your experience.

Cheryl

Sorry, it's late at night so I just read the OPs inquiry.

We docked in Le Havre way back in May 2001. We took a cab by ourselves to Honfleur and spent the day there. The cab ride even then was quite expensive. Coming back we took the bus with a number of other Renaissance passengers. One of them was insistent that we all walk to the ship from the bus stop in Le Havre which we decided was a mistake. And we were a lot younger then! The walk wasn't pleasant ... difficult pavement, unpleasant areas. If we did this again we'd find a cab to get back to the port, assuming we returned by bus.

Honfleur is certainly worth the time.

For a large group, you could probably just do the bus -- assuming it still runs. I assume it does. I don't know if you will find a tour operator who can accommodate your group. I'm strictly talking about doing it yourself.

For music lovers in your group, I highly recommend a visit to the Maisons Satie. Erik Satie was born in Honfleur and his original home is a museum. We visited there in the morning and then at lunch our hostess recommended that we go there. She was thrilled to hear that we had already visited. I don't know if non classical music fans would enjoy it, but real fans will.

I guess I would also say that I myself would not take a ship's tour there, just because they wouldn't give you the time to do what you want to do - but you would have to check the itinerary carefully. Back in 2001 our ship didn't offer anything to Honfleur. I'm aware that now ships do. I just tend to find that ship's tours to museums and similar sites really don't give you much time there. At least, they don't give US enough time!

Besides the Maisons Satie we also visited the Cathedral and a wonderful art museum, and just walked around town. We arrived around 11am and didn't leave until 5pm. There was much to do, and it is a very picturesque port.

Hope this helps, even if it is old information! I will be in Le Havre next April and expect to spend my time in Le Havre itself since we didn't do so last time.

By the way, for people who contemplate going to Normandy from Le Havre ... we ended up doing a separate trip some months later to Normandy as a road trip. I had called the tourist bureau in Bayeux and was strongly advised NOT to try to see Normandy from Le Havre. It's a long drive ... you spend most of the day on the bus (about 2 hours each way) which severely limits your time actually seeing what you want to see.

Instead, on the later trip two week trip we spent 3 days in the Normandy area and saw much of the rest of France between Paris and Normandy, Orange, and etc.

But that does require a car! Or perhaps a group tour ...

Hope I haven't confused the issue ...

Mura

The price for group of 9 was 275€ with 2 taxis. A group of 6 would fit in one car. His car could take max of 8. His name is Rabah, and if you search in this French ports forum, you should find his contact info. Hope this helps with your planning.

Could you please tell me the price of the taxi? We are a group of 6 so would we be able to get in 1 taxi? We would like to do the same thing you did get their and spend 4 hours there and go to cathedral first.

Thanks so much for posting back your experience.

Cheryl

• 4 weeks later...
Did you have to prepay?

So I think things have changed, I would check their website. When we did it last year, one member of our group gave them her credit card as a hold, but they didn't charge it. It was only if we didn't show up that they would charge it. I believe others have said now they require full payment ahead of time.

To be honest, I would still book it. I wouldn't even care if it cost me 2-300 more than had we paid through the ship, which is about what it would have been for us. The private tour was so worth it! And that's what you have to ask yourself. "If I book this, and have to pre-pay the whole thing, am I going to be really hurting and/or pissed if the other people I booked with cancel or don't show up....????" Basically, for us personally, it would not have mattered. But in our case, it worked out fine, she reserved it and we all exchanged multiple emails before, as well as cell phones, so we could message each other while in various ports. I realize people are nervous about booking with others, when you don't know them, but this tour is so worth it!