Summer 2019

FIFE1

What is the itinerary for 26 September from Southampton, please?

Southampton - at sea - Bergen, Norway - Flam, Norway - Geiranger, Norway - Hellesylt, Norway - Molde, Norway - at sea - Honningsvag, Norway - Alta, Norway - Tromso, Norway - at sea - Olden, Norway - Stavanger, Norway - at sea - Southampton

I've just read Jet2 are going to start doing flights to Naples from Glasgow (my local) next Summer.

Great news, as I'm well up for some of the Explorer 2 itineraries, and it's currently unclear if TUI will fly Gla-Naples!

In the brochure, you can ONLY fly from Glasgow to Naples.

No Edinburgh or Aberdeen.

From Glasgow, you can fly to all the ships and do extra stay to Discovery 2 and Dream

In the brochure, you can ONLY fly from Glasgow to Naples.

No Edinburgh or Aberdeen.

From Glasgow, you can fly to all the ships and do extra stay to Discovery 2 and Dream

That's marvellous news, for me and other folk from Glasgow.

I'm really excited to look at the brochure.

That's marvellous news, for me and other folks from Glasgow.

I'm really excited to look at the brochure.

you are welcome.

*holds brochure upto screen for you to see*

All brochures are available tomorrow at TUI shops and online. Enjoy.

Southampton - at sea - Bergen, Norway - Flam, Norway - Geiranger, Norway - Hellesylt, Norway - Molde, Norway - at sea - Honningsvag, Norway - Alta, Norway - Tromso, Norway - at sea - Olden, Norway - Stavanger, Norway - at sea - Southampton

Thank you,SausPud..... You made my day great :D

Can't believe the prices on line for next year. Just checked ex Scotland to Corfu (discovery 2 this year). Next year almost (£900) more expensive. Then tried Celebration (Family of three) its dearer to go on Celebration than discovery next year. Marella will have to sharpen the pencil me thinks.

(They have also changed departure time ex EDI to corfu, used to be 06:20/40 now 08:15, on a positive GLA to corfu now back to normal early morning slot and not 15:30)

Just had a glance at summer 2019 online. Bit disappointed that i cant see any 7 day cruises from either southhampton or newcastle in the school summer holidays - probably me wishful thinking- it would certainly have kept the cost lower with not flying.

just done my price check and don't see high prices.

Just rough guide prices, the total price for 2 weeks (rounded the figures for easy maths.)

Fred Olsen (2018 booked) Aug - £9,000 Terrace Balcony Suite

Royal Caribbean Aug 2019 - £12,000 Owners Suite (including 2nd passenger 60% discount)

P&O Aug 2019 - £11,500 Penthouse Suite

Marella Discovery 2 Aug 2019 - £7, 300 Executive Suite (exactly same room as Owners suite on Royal)

Also, these don't show that Royal, P&O and Fred have to pay Grats and Drinks packages on top of those prices.

So if you change your mind and pick one of the other brands, you will be paying more.

Of course, these are the high-end cabin prices and costs will change dependant on what you pick and what dates but this is for guide purposes only and based on my choices.

Just had a glance at summer 2019 online. Bit disappointed that I cant see any 7 day cruises from either Southampton or Newcastle in the school summer holidays - probably me wishful thinking- it would certainly have kept the cost lower with not flying.

Sarah, only Explorer 1 is from those home ports and Southampton is September only, but you can go from Newcastle in July and August. It is there, I've looked.

Cheers SausPud

Definitely higher

Discovery 2 this year two weeks Oct family of 3 £4550 outside deck 2

next year £5400

Everyone is higher for 2019, just the way it is now, but I feel you still get a better price with Marella/Tui than the other three I mentioned that I have cruised with, so off to book my cruise in the shop and get even more discount and treats added. Will let you all know what I get on my return later today.

Thanks everyone.

For me next year is £900 cheaper than this year.

3 adults 1 teen Discovery 2(this year) (1next year)Adriatic Explorer and Aegean Shores .

That's for a balcony and inside on deck 6.

Edited by Malleykatt
Addition in bracket

Wanted a cruise and 4 night stay end of April but there is nothing after the 17th next year so will book something else

Are you sure?

Just looked in the brochure (again, nearly got it memorized now)

and you have Discovery 1 22nd April 2019, Discovery 2 28th April 2019 and Celebration 22nd and 29th April 2019.

That's 4 cruises available, unless you are after something else and didn't mention that in your post.

Even with price increases Marella seem good value to me. We normally sail Celebrity and our Baltic cruise on Explorer (with extra large balcony) is coming out £1200 cheaper. We used to sail Thomson’s years ago but ditched them because of the lack of balcony cabins. Time to give them another go!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

if i put in cruise and 4 or 3 night stay there is nothing showing for April after the 19th for next year , ?

Correct, I did a mock booking online and you can't do a stay of any nights as there are no return flights. This is because the ships all come out of Caribbean and will be in Europe. So the scheduled flights are going to Europe to meet the ships and not flying back to the Caribbean to pick you up.

You will need to speak to a local TA and book separate elements, cruise, flights, hotel. Not as a package.

This is doable and costly. Last year I did 5 flights, 3 hotels and a cruise all in the space of 2 weeks.

booked the dream , 10 nights next April , wanted to try a newer ship but nothing for our dates, we did the dream in feb for 7 nights and we liked it so have bit the bullet and hope the price doesnt go down too much