Is there a “surf only” internet option?

RCmommy

I don’t need to be “streaming” while on vacay. I remember buying a cheaper package a few years back while on the Allure.

Is a similar option available on the Adventure? The only internet I can prepay is the surf and stream option.

Edited by RCmommy

I don’t need to be “surfing” while on vacay. I remember buying a cheaper package a few years back while on the Allure.

Is a similar option available on the Adventure? The only internet I can prepay is the surf and stream option.

Yes, onboard they offer a Surf Only package, usually $16/day onboard.

I don’t need to be “surfing” while on vacay. I remember buying a cheaper package a few years back while on the Allure.

If you really don't need to be on the internet much, wait until you are on board.

The daily rate may not be lower, but if you can hold off until halfway through your cruise, they'll start to offer packages for the balance of your cruise that comes out to the same daily rate.

That's one way to save money.

Thanks everyone. I’m glad to hear there is that option still.

I would just use free wifi in each port, but I need to be able to communicate with my teens on the ship. There is not an onboard messaging app for RCI correct?

I remember we had to use Skype to message back and forth and it was terrible. In and out.

I would just use free wifi in each port, but I need to be able to communicate with my teens on the ship. There is not an onboard messaging app for RCI correct?

I remember we had to use Skype to message back and forth and it was terrible. In and out.

Currently no onboard messaging app for Adventure.

What about for Allure? I will be looking for a way to communicate with other family on board and didn’t want to pay for an expensive WiFi package, what are my options besides a walki talki?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about for Allure? I will be looking for a way to communicate with other family on board and didn’t want to pay for an expensive WiFi package, what are my options besides a walki talki?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, the walkie talkie option on a ship the size of Allure is not very reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can pay by the text depending on your carrier. AT&T and Verizon charge $0.50 per text sent, and Verizon charges $0.05 per text received.

Recent Anthem surf prices were $15.99 per day/device on a plan basis. Daily, with no plans, $22.99 per device. Not sure what C&A level you are and what discounts are available to you. For instance, the 12 niter Anthem for D+ was 2 days or $49.99 towards a plan. I was able to use my wife's 2 days and use mine towards a plan.

Edited by nelblu
spelling

Recent Anthem surf prices were $15.99 per day/device on a plan basis. Daily, with no plans, $22.99 per device. Not sure what C&A level you are and what discounts are available to you. For instance, the 12 niter Anthem for D+ was 2 days or $49.99 towards a plan. I was able to use my wife's 2 days and use mine towards a plan.

On the Jan. 7/18 Anthem cruise we did the D+ internet credit was equal to two 24 hours period or $45.98.

We were able to use that credit to get Stream and Surf package special at no cost for the last three days onboard since it was at that exact cost.

Also there was a surf only package special for the last four days at $47.98.

The current Anthem cruise has similar but not quite as good internet specials as shown below in the special offers section of the Cruise Compass daily for day 5 as posted on the live review by seadog67.

db82a5646c58f3aaede3ca99129f64d3.jpg

Edited by robtulipe