difference between balcony categories

nunuc2000

Trying to figure out if I can switch our balcony gty location... I understand that once assigned, we can change the location as long as it's within the exact same category. What is the difference between 1B, 2B, 3B, and 4B on the Brilliance? Which one is "best"? I can't seem to discern that from the deck plans they have for our sailing.

Thanks for any assistance :)

Celine

I'm not seeing any "B" category cabins...but all "D" category are the same size, regardless of the number following it. Same with "E' category. The number designation is for number of beds and/or location. The sizes are the same within a category.

Trying to figure out if I can switch our balcony gty location... I understand that once assigned, we can change the location as long as it's within the exact same category. What is the difference between 1B, 2B, 3B, and 4B on the Brilliance? Which one is "best"? I can't seem to discern that from the deck plans they have for our sailing.

Thanks for any assistance :)

Celine

Those staterooms are the same size inside. Balconies may differ slightly based on location. Part of the reason for the different designation is whether the stateroom can hold more than two guests.

I'm not seeing any "B" category cabins...but all "D" category are the same size, regardless of the number following it. Same with "E' category. The number designation is for number of beds and/or location. The sizes are the same within a category.

I think the "B" must be the new categories - we're on the first sailing after the drydock at the end of April. We were just assigned 1074, a "1B". There are several "1B" cabins available on deck 9... given the choice, what would you choose?

I think the "B" must be the new categories - we're on the first sailing after the drydock at the end of April. We were just assigned 1074, a "1B". There are several "1B" cabins available on deck 9... given the choice, what would you choose?

I would go for deck 9 staterooms at least 6 staterooms away from the centrum.

• Like 1

2 B is the old D1 & D2 Midships for 2 passengers

4 B is the old d1 & D2 Forward & Aft

1 B up to 4 guest Midship

3 B up 4 guest Forward & Aft Start after April

Will leave a link with all cat and ships CLICK ON LINK FOR ALL CABINS

]

NEW CABIN ON ROYAL

Thanks for the link... that helps! :)

Given the choice... would you choose 1074, or one of the other "1B" cabins on 9 midship?

Thanks, Bob! I was able to switch to a 9th floor starboard side room about 10 rooms away from the centrum. :D

That's good, I think there will be less noise away from being directly under the pool deck.

On Radiance Class ships, we prefer the Mid Ship 9th Deck, On Deck 10 you will have the overhang from Deck 11 . Your JS cabins are on Deck 10. You will have more selection within Categories the larger the ship is. Room size is the same within a given category the numbers will indicate Deck & location etc.

2 B is the old D1 & D2 Midships for 2 passengers

4 B is the old d1 & D2 Forward & Aft

1 B up to 4 guest Midship

3 B up 4 guest Forward & Aft Start after April

Will leave a link with all cat and ships CLICK ON LINK FOR ALL CABINS

]

NEW CABIN ON ROYAL

Thanks, Villager 70 (and neighbor), for posting this link. It will help us make sense of the categories.

Margy