Upsell

cruisencrazy

GREAT update! Have a wonderful cruise!! Did your TA have to make the change or did you call direct?

I found the available cabins online, emailed my agent and she made the call. Lots of cabins are suddenly becoming available. I just wanted one that was quiet and had fresh air. I don't need a suite for a caribbean cruise, but I have one for the med on our next trip;p

We had an upsell offer for the 16-day Panama cruise on March 4. We were in an SY Signature and they wanted $3000 to go to Neptune. My TA called HA and the HA agent and my TA agreed I would be crazy to pay that much and give up my 8th deck cabin. I had already booked a cabana so I didn't need the extra deck space anyway. If I had wanted that cabin I would have paid that much in the first place.

We had an upsell offer for the 16-day Panama cruise on March 4. We were in an SY Signature and they wanted $3000 to go to Neptune. My TA called HA and the HA agent and my TA agreed I would be crazy to pay that much and give up my 8th deck cabin. I had already booked a cabana so I didn't need the extra deck space anyway. If I had wanted that cabin I would have paid that much in the first place.

I agree, that IS crazy. IF a upsell comes my way, I am not willing to pay much. Imo, with HAL, the suite benefits are not there. I'm also on Deck 8 and very happy with my location. Mine is only a 7 day Alaska cruise.

Have a wonderful canal trip. We did the full transit on Celebrity Oct 24-Nov 8 of last year. It is a very special cruise.

I'm also on Deck 8 and very happy with my location.

Please help me with what I'm missing here. Deck9 is usually the Lido deck on most ships (typically lots of noisy activity day and night). So, that being said, I would shy away from ever booking a cabin directly below deck 9 (i.e. deck 8) for this reason.

Have I lost something in the translation? :confused:

Please help me with what I'm missing here. Deck9 is usually the Lido deck on most ships (typically lots of noisy activity day and night). So, that being said, I would shy away from ever booking a cabin directly below deck 9 (i.e. deck 8) for this reason.

Have I lost something in the translation? :confused:

I am in a hump cabin(SY) AFT. I love the proximity to the Lido.

Okay, but I would still never book a cabin (anywhere) directly below the Lido Deck. Happy to hear though, that you're happy with the location!:)

I've booked directly below the Lido on most of my 11 cruises on HAL. My PCC works with me to find a cabin that is below the carpeted seating area of the buffet, and I have never heard a sound from above. I love being able to run up one flight of stairs for early morning coffee, snacks or a meal to take back to my balcony on a beautiful day. I'm there again for my upcoming 18 day TA in April.

• 1 month later...

So, I am one of those who traditionally would never book a guarantee cabin...BUT, we very much wanted to sail on the April 14 Panama Canal cruise and that was the only verandah category left. I am still waiting for our cabin to be assigned, and currently on HA’s website all verandahs are “sold out”...I am a bit freaked out that we will be stuck with a bad location or a Juliet balcony . Should I be checking other online sights to see if cabins are available? Any other “tips” you all might have other than “that’s what you get for booking a gty?”

So, I am one of those who traditionally would never book a guarantee cabin...BUT, we very much wanted to sail on the April 14 Panama Canal cruise and that was the only verandah category left. I am still waiting for our cabin to be assigned, and currently on HA’s website all verandahs are “sold out”...I am a bit freaked out that we will be stuck with a bad location or a Juliet balcony ��. Should I be checking other online sights to see if cabins are available? Any other “tips” you all might have other than “that’s what you get for booking a gty?”

I would call your travel agent or PCC to see if you can get your cabin assigned early.I have done that in the past and it worked.

You could also try calling the Upsell Dept. and see if they have any paid upgrades 1-888-628-8107

It seems like all the online sights are linked to HAL as far as cabin availability.

I would call your travel agent or PCC to see if you can get your cabin assigned early.I have done that in the past and it worked.

You could also try calling the Upsell Dept. and see if they have any paid upgrades 1-888-628-8107

It seems like all the online sights are linked to HAL as far as cabin availability.

We are booked in a SC(Neptune Suite) guarantee through a PCC. Will you elaborate on how you have accomplished being assigned your guarantee before they typically make assignments? THANK YOU SO MUCH.

We are booked in a SC(Neptune Suite) guarantee through a PCC. Will you elaborate on how you have accomplished being assigned your guarantee before they typically make assignments? THANK YOU SO MUCH.

To make a long story short; by threatening cancellation.

To make a long story short; by threatening cancellation.

Thanks for your response. I am not interested in that method, but, understand you probably had good reason. Our PCC was on vacation, and the fill in REALLY went to bat for me when we upgraded ourselves from SY assigned to SC guarantee, less than 24 hours after final payment. We also got a refund to credit card. Thanks again, and happy cruising.