Should I buy the internet packege

rw_gresham

I sail in from New Orleans on the pearl in march west Caribbean. I am considering what internet package to buy. I will have to buy something because I want to stay up to date on my job. I am a Realtor. Should I go with one of the limited packages or just spend the 200 for the unlimited. basically whats the quality of the internet speed and if there are spots where you cant get it. Have folks been able to use facebook etc gmail or is it so slow you cant really do much of anything. Thanks

It really depends how much time you need it for your job. Keep in mind that the speed is quite slow and it will take you much longer to download and upload your work. Facebook and all the social sites will work also but the loading of pages will take longer. Bottom line is if you need extended sessions for your job and other activities I would purchase the unlimited plan. As for coverage on the ship... We just got off the Dawn and the signal was pretty strong throughout the whole ship. Hope that helps.. Good luck!

I had the internet 125 min pkg as a perk. I upgraded for $85 to the unlimited. I am very glad I did as when it was running very slow I didn't have to watch those minutes tick away and 50 cents each! I really wanted the internet as I like to communicate with pet sitter - elderly parents and keep up with some news and check my email and of course facebook. But I still found plenty of time to do everything there was to do on the cruise!

Yea I have things et up so a Partner can take over and handle stuff but still like to be connected especially as I should be having a closing the week were on the boat. Just want to be able to check in and make sure things are getting handled. But your right have to hand it off to someone else because I'll be too busy having fun.

We have 250 minutes each as a perk on Princess on 14 or more day cruises and have never used more than 250 in many ports you can find free internet hot spots with much faster speed and we always take advantage of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks yea I think ill probably do the unlimited that way im not looking for wifi when we get into the port.

100% the right decision. Stay connected on board. Add a flat rate international plan to your phone for shore time. Do not spend your shore time looking to connect to the "free" wifi ashore that often comes with "free" attempts to compromise your phone.

I sail in from New Orleans on the pearl in march west Caribbean. I am considering what internet package to buy. I will have to buy something because I want to stay up to date on my job. I am a Realtor. Should I go with one of the limited packages or just spend the 200 for the unlimited. basically whats the quality of the internet speed and if there are spots where you cant get it. Have folks been able to use facebook etc gmail or is it so slow you cant really do much of anything. Thanks

Are you going to access the internet from an iphone? I find that to be very fast. If you are going to try to access it from the ship's computer business center that can be very very slow. Not too bad when we were on the Pearl but virtually unusable on the Jade.

• 2 weeks later...