Putting kids in single roooms

mondas42

We are currently booked into a Balcony room on Harmony for July 19, there are three of us booked in the one room. We are however toying with the idea of booking an extra single room for our daughter on deck 4. At the time of the cruise she will be over 18. Can we do this and have her name as the occupier of the single room, or do we have to book the extra cabin in either my name or my wife’s and then just swap us around when we get onboard?

We are currently booked into a Balcony room on Harmony for July 19, there are three of us booked in the one room. We are however toying with the idea of booking an extra single room for our daughter on deck 4. At the time of the cruise she will be over 18. Can we do this and have her name as the occupier of the single room, or do we have to book the extra cabin in either my name or my wife’s and then just swap us around when we get onboard?

Unless the extra stateroom is next to or across the hall from the responsible adult, there must be at least one guest 21 or over booked in the stateroom.

Unless the extra stateroom is next to or across the hall from the responsible adult, there must be at least one guest 21 or over booked in the stateroom.

Thanks for the reply. Are you saying that they won’t let us even swap her over once we have arrived? In the U.K., she would be considered an adult in her own right, and I thought the same was true in the states (albeit apart from the drinking age)

Bob, thanks for the reply. Are you saying that they won’t let us even swap her over once we have arrived? In the U.K., she would be considered an adult in her own right, and I thought the same was true in the states (albeit apart from the drinking age)

Once you are onboard, they don't care where anyone sleeps. The restrictions only apply to how the bookings must be made.

We just cruised on Grandeur at Christmas and didn't find the restriction to have an over 21 booked in a room. We were in a JS on the 7th deck and our sons (18 & 20) were in an inside cabin on the 2nd deck and we booked it that way and never had an issue. We booked through a TA, but even when doing all their boarding information and check in, it never gave us any fits.

I would consider putting the adult with the most C&A points in the single room, if they are different, for the most beneficial use of the double points.
Agree great Idea! Then you have no worries. Once on board you can have anyone sleep in what ever cabin they choose. Just so ya know the single cabins are sometimes more then booking two on an inside across the hall which would be more convenient. Our July 2019 cruise we tried to book 3 in our Junior Suite with 1 in the single that is basically in the same cabin (Daughter & Boyfriend would be in the Single, Junior Suite with Large Balcony on Quantum is set up to have 3 cabins all connected) but it was almost $400 more to set it up that way instead of putting 2 in an inside virtual balcony which is bigger just outside our door. Made no since but it is what it is. Might look at pricing.

BonVoyage

Dawna