Celebrity Website Misleading

Dsciorti

Needing some advice. The celebrity website shows the new Presidents’ Day deal showing $25 and two free perks. I go through a mock booking for my upcoming Transatlantic cruise and it still shows I will get the perks but the call center rep says no and I explained the website. She still told me no it is excluded and there is nothing they can do. I added a screen shot. Really needing some advice as this will save a lot of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

image002.thumb.jpg.5526cab53ae09fb53805eb4ec425d905.jpg

image001.thumb.jpg.2a0791e7a82efbb26d6bdba37d7ae0d1.jpg

Just tried a mock booking and your screen shots do not match what I see... no perks or $25 deposit.

Yet, you need to know that it is very, very, very rare for any perks to be given by X on TA's, TP's or re-positioning sailings, standard disclosures by X.

Enjoy your cruise and bon voyage

If you booked it and got a receipt that showed the perks, that would be one thing. A banner on a website can be attributed to a coding error, and they don't have to honor marketing mistakes like that. These deals usually explicitly exclude re-positioning cruises like transatlantics. Read the fine print.

Just tried a mock booking and your screen shots do not match what I see... no perks or $25 deposit.

Yet, you need to know that it is very, very, very rare for any perks to be given by X on TA's, TP's or re-positioning sailings, standard disclosures by X.

Enjoy your cruise and bon voyage

I know you normally never get the perks on TAs which is why I was shocked this morning. I just did the mock booking again and when I get to the page to select the fare class that is where I see the side banner on each class level.

My email flyer on the sale includes the following limitation, as well as other, which are probably tucked away somewhere on the website too:

* $25 Reduced Deposit Offer is applicable to
new bookings
made February 16 - 19, 2018, for cruises departing May 1, 2018 – April 30, 2019.

As yours isn't a new booking, you wouldn't qualify.

I saw the same thing as the OP. I also tried to book a TA. Normally, if you try to book a TA, the banner offer never shows up anywhere during the booking. However, this morning, just as the OP described, the $25 deposit plus 2 free perks banner showed up on each of the icons for oceanview and higher categories. Also, after choosing my dining option, that page indicated that I would be choosing my free perks on the next page. However the only next page was the payment page....no opportunity to choose 2 free perks. So yeah, a mistake I guess, but disappointing.

I saw the same thing as the OP. I also tried to book a TA. Normally, if you try to book a TA, the banner offer never shows up anywhere during the booking. However, this morning, just as the OP described, the $25 deposit plus 2 free perks banner showed up on each of the icons for oceanview and higher categories. Also, after choosing my dining option, that page indicated that I would be choosing my free perks on the next page. However the only next page was the payment page....no opportunity to choose 2 free perks. So yeah, a mistake I guess, but disappointing.

Thank you for confirming I wasnt going crazy. Yes it is disappointing due to their coding errors. I guess I need to book an additional cruise now. :)

You often see the same thing when looking at an Exciting Deal. The main page mentions the perks are included but after you choose you cabin and get to the perk page you find they are not included and are an extra cost.

As many of us have said before, "Thank God the cruise product is good because the website is so bad no one would put up with it otherwise.