Worth booking on board for extra OBC?

So I know that booking on board no longer means lowered deposits. I'm wondering if anyone knows what it looks like as far as onboard credit. The sale RCCL has right now for President's Day is the same price as the WOW sale, but with $75 more in onboard credit for a balcony ($175 total). We're leaving on the Enchantment on the 26th, and I'm trying to decide whether to hold out, or if I should just book at this price with the $175 OBC while they have it.

Thoughts?

So I know that booking on board no longer means lowered deposits. I'm wondering if anyone knows what it looks like as far as onboard credit. The sale RCCL has right now for President's Day is the same price as the WOW sale, but with $75 more in onboard credit for a balcony ($175 total). We're leaving on the Enchantment on the 26th, and I'm trying to decide whether to hold out, or if I should just book at this price with the $175 OBC while they have it.

Thoughts?[/Quote].

When to book and how to determine OBC is risky and unpredictable. Both can change daily (and in some cases within hours). One does not always get OBC for booking a cruise on-board. As an example, I was on the Rhapsody on Jan. 28 and wanted to book a PV stateroom for my daughter for Rhapsody's March 4th 2018 sailing. No OBC was available (ie, same price whether I booked on board or my daughter did the booking via the RCCL Web site).

Thoughts?

If you want to do the cruise, book it now. When on board, you can always cancel (assuming you book a refundable rate) and rebook onboard. If you really want the cruise, and it's a non-refundable deposit, I wouldn't necessarily wait as the price might go up. What cruise is it? Some cruises tend to book out quickly causing huge price increases. A few years ago we did a Southern Caribbean, 11 night on Legend of the Seas. Some friends decided to wait until on board a cruise that left 3 weeks after we booked, in order to get $100 OBC. By the time they got on board, the cost had risen $1000 PER PERSON! Needless to say, they didn't go. So, ask yourself this, is it worth $75 to risk either a big increase in price or not going at all? If so, then wait. If not, then book.

Thoughts?

http://www.royalonboardsales.com/content/assets/2015/05/FAQ-Trade-New-NextCruise-Offer-August-2017.pdf