Voom Four Device Plan question

Heading out on a cruise this summer. It appears a four device plan offers some savings over individual plans. Here's my question: Are the four devices committed for the entire cruise, or can you sign into any four devices at a time, but no more than four? i.e. can I havre my iphone connected, but then connect my laptop in it's place? Or does that count as two devices?

Heading out on a cruise this summer. It appears a four device plan offers some savings over individual plans. Here's my question: Are the four devices committed for the entire cruise, or can you sign into any four devices at a time, but no more than four? i.e. can I havre my iphone connected, but then connect my laptop in it's place? Or does that count as two devices?

Any number of different devices, but only 4 logged in concurrently.

Thank you for the quick response. Then I think my strategy would work. Taking my wife and my self, who both need full access, so that would be two "devices". My in-laws are going, and we want them to have access for texting (they didn't two years ago, and it just made more work for me). So they would have the third "device". 17 year old stepdaughter is coming and bringing a friends. If I tell them if they pay for it, they can share the fourth "device", then they would be able to log in on both of their phones (although not at the same time) to do their neverending snapchatting etc... Sound about right?

Thank you for the quick response. Then I think my strategy would work. Taking my wife and my self, who both need full access, so that would be two "devices". My in-laws are going, and we want them to have access for texting (they didn't two years ago, and it just made more work for me). So they would have the third "device". 17 year old stepdaughter is coming and bringing a friends. If I tell them if they pay for it, they can share the fourth "device", then they would be able to log in on both of their phones (although not at the same time) to do their neverending snapchatting etc... Sound about right?

That would work in theory, except you may have a logistical problem with getting people to log off. Everyone will have the same exact access code. Depending on the ship, once the fifth device tries to log in, it will either knock off one of the other people, or just fail to log in with an error that says the maximum number of devices is already connected. If you get the latter behavior, then you've got to hunt down whoever forgot to log off.

That would work in theory, except you may have a logistical problem with getting people to log off. Everyone will have the same exact access code. Depending on the ship, once the fifth device tries to log in, it will either knock off one of the other people, or just fail to log in with an error that says the maximum number of devices is already connected. If you get the latter behavior, then you've got to hunt down whoever forgot to log off.

Bob, I’m guessing that this is yet another case of each ship doing things differently but I’ve bought the 2 device package for the kids and they have received different login codes.

Bob, I’m guessing that this is yet another case of each ship doing things differently but I’ve bought the 2 device package for the kids and they have received different login codes.

Are you saying that each login code would only allow one device at a time?

Yes.. purchased the 2 device package but it was if we had 2 single device packages given to us.

I wonder if they just made a mistake, or if that's the new way they do multi device packages. When we've had a multi-device package, it was one code for all devices.

I wonder if they just made a mistake, or if that's the new way they do multi device packages. When we've had a multi-device package, it was one code for all devices.

I’m not sure but it’s hapened more than once. Funny thing is the kids can’t remember if they had one or two codes on EN in January.

I won’t know in March on OA as I only purchased a one device package.

We had 4 devices as well. I can’t recall if it was four codes on Harmony, but I am pretty sure it was. I ad to have my teens log off for the other one to log in. You do have to manage it a little bit when sharing with multiple people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums