Charge for Dive in Burger?

Tinknock50

So I guess it's my turn now.

I'm not sure what you mean by "my turn now", but I would just like to politely point out that I said that I have NEVER ordered the Dive In burger to be delivered BUT it is worth it.

That is used almost as hyperbole ..... it's SO GOOD that it is worth it to pay to have it brought to you even though you can get it for free if you CAN walk there.

You wrote that in a prior post I said I didn't mind the exercise to walk to Guest Services to have something corrected but you now imply that I won't walk "that far" to get a burger from the Dive In.

I am flattered (truly) that you recall my prior posts on other threads enough to bring them up on this thread. But please quote me correctly if you choose to use my posts to make a point.

Basically, I am kind enough to walk to Guest Services and politely ask for a matter to be resolved (I have such admiration for those employees who have to deal with cranky guests that I make it a point to stop and write out a nice comment card on each and every cruise I take). Also, I have no problem in walking to the Dive In to get my burger and I would NEVER pay the delivery charge when I can easily walk there. HOWEVER, it is not my business if someone ELSE wants to pay to have it delivered. I cannot cast aspersions on those who do not walk that far just because I, by the grace of God, am able bodied enough to walk anywhere on a cruise ship.

I hope this sets the record straight as politely as possible.

It can be for people with mobility problems. Especially when they are back in their cabin, and just too wiped out to go out again for something to eat.

Not everyone is able-bodied. And not all who are able-bodied will be able to say that for the rest of their lives.

Thank you for that reminder. And another reminder: you cannot always identify disabled people by looking at them. It is an unfortunate fact of life that both those things need to be said. Maybe some day the message will get through.

Thank you for that reminder. And another reminder: you cannot always identify disabled people by looking at them. It is an unfortunate fact of life that both those things need to be said. Maybe some day the message will get through.

I think some people forget that not all people have the same strengths and battles to fight on a daily basis. To mock anyone who can’t walk to get their own food is unfortunate and, hopefully just a lapse in awareness.

I think some people forget that not all people have the same strengths and battles to fight on a daily basis. To mock anyone who can’t walk to get their own food is unfortunate and, hopefully just a lapse in awareness.

Oh my. What a huge stretch. You have no idea what issues I face on a daily basis. The only one that is mocking anyone is you. Please, try to be sensetive and not put words in people mouths that they did not say. Nowhere in my post did I say disabled people should get their own food. Perhaps YOU need to go back and read my post as you have instructed me to do. There is enough bullying on this board without you twisting words.

this is your post:

Really? Is it that far to walk? I have no interest in eating something so bad for you. Not even wanting to walk to get it blows my mind.

Oh my. What a huge stretch. You have no idea what issues I face on a daily basis. The only one that is mocking anyone is you. Please, try to be sensetive and not put words in people mouths that they did not say. Nowhere in my post did I say disabled people should get their own food. Perhaps YOU need to go back and read my post as you have instructed me to do. There is enough bullying on this board without you twisting words.

I didn't see any twisting of words at all.

And I did re-read your post.

I was speaking to the poster I quoted. Where in my post did I say disabled people need to get there own food because I can't see it? How long until the rest of the "group" pipes in?

And I simply replied to your post, which to the best of my knowledge is permited.

You had better get your maginfying glass out or reading glasses and re-read your post. Your insinuation was that you should be able to walk to get your burger.

Not everyone can do that, plain and simple.

It might have been an oversight on your part but no need to accuse people of twisting your words when they are there to see.

Now, can we get back to the topic?

Really? Is it that far to walk? I have no interest in eating something so bad for you. Not even wanting to walk to get it blows my mind.

Nor do I. But your comment about not “wanting” to walk to get it “blows my mind”, too. “Wanting” being the operable word here.

Some of us have mobility issues. Unfortunately. [emoji45]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it safe to say that at least some people won't walk to get their food simply because they don't want to? :confused:

Is it safe to say that at least some people won't walk to get their food simply because they don't want to? :confused:

Really, what difference does it make what other people do?

Surely you have better things to do on a cruise, or in fact in daily life, than watch people to determine if they are living their lives the way you think they should be.

really, what difference does it make what other people do?

Surely you have better things to do on a cruise, or in fact in daily life, than watch people to determine if they are living their lives the way you think they should be.

(y)