Adjustments after penalty period?

moki'smommy

We have a cruise booked on no special pricing, no perks. However, we did receive a cabin upgrade. When the current sale came out, the cruise was a total of almost $400 less than we paid for the cabin we chose (not for the upgrade). We are in the penalty period, so cancel and rebook is not an option. If I consider the cost of the upgraded cabin we've been assigned, it is still a "good deal."

Is there any point in calling Princess and discussing the situation? I'd be perfectly happy to see some OBC or other perk to make up even part of the difference.

I fully realize that it is "my fault" as I booked the cruise, not fully liking the cruise or the price but having promised the family a cruise and the one that we wanted literally sold out overnight...so this was a "fill in" from the beginning. But a significant price drop makes it look even less of a wonderful thing. Worst case, they aren't able to take away the upgrade cabin we've been assigned and the worst they can do is to say "no," right?

We have a cruise booked on no special pricing' date=' no perks. However, we did receive a cabin upgrade. When the current sale came out, the cruise was a total of almost $400 less than we paid for the cabin we chose (not for the upgrade). We are in the penalty period, so cancel and rebook is not an option. If I consider the cost of the upgraded cabin we've been assigned, it is still a "good deal."

Is there any point in calling Princess and discussing the situation? I'd be perfectly happy to see some OBC or other perk to make up even part of the difference.

I fully realize that it is "my fault" as I booked the cruise, not fully liking the cruise or the price but having promised the family a cruise and the one that we wanted literally sold out overnight...so this was a "fill in" from the beginning. But a significant price drop makes it look even less of a wonderful thing. Worst case, they aren't able to take away the upgrade cabin we've been assigned and the worst they can do is to say "no," right?[/quote']You don't have to cancel and rebook.

Last year we booked the Pacific

Princess for a British Isle cruise.

We had the free beverage package,

but ended up giving it back.

They just credited our master card

For over a $1000.

We're very nice about it.

I don't see why you would have a problem.

If the price of the cruise drops you can always ask for your price to be readjusted. I was even past the final

payment and we got the lower price.

Tropicqueen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

I’m booked on the 12-night round trip cruise to Alaska in April. Prices have been reduced and it’s after final payment. I checked with my TA and the penalty would be more than the savings. However, Princess offered us $200 each OBC. I’m happy with that.

I’m booked on the 12-night round trip cruise to Alaska in April. Prices have been reduced and it’s after final payment. I checked with my TA and the penalty would be more than the savings. However, Princess offered us $200 each OBC. I’m happy with that.

Sounds good! That's basically what I'm hoping for.

Is the pricing you are seeing a part of a general sale that happens to include your cruise or is it a reduced price after final payment in order to help fill up the ship and is only for new bookings?

If part of a general sale, you might be able to take advantage of the new pricing, but you would have to give up any perks that were included with the original booking and just get the perks included with the current pricing.

After final payment on our last cruise we discovered that a Caribe balcony was available and was actually selling for less than we had paid for our Baja balcony. We just asked to be moved to Caribe deck. Didn't ask for any OBC or price reduction or anything but wanted the larger balcony. Not a problem. We "may" have been able to get some OBC as well but didn't ask and were quite happy with the cabin exchange.