Haven Question

gja360

Long Time RCCL and Carnival cruiser here... I'm taking the family on the Escape out of NYC in Oct. We are going to be staying in a Forward Penthouse Haven room. I have no experience with the Haven so what should I expect??

You are booking a suite. You will have full access to a concierge staff to help you with reservations and priority seating in the main theater and Supper Club dinners. Your room is NOT part of the main suites complex, but a short walk to the elevators which will take you there. In the suites complex, you have a [small] private pool, hot tubs, sauna, sundeck (inside and outside), a private dining room (nicer than costal kitchen) for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, private lounge and bar.

Your butler will bring snacks each afternoon. If you have something special, he will bring it for you in addition to the default snacks (e.g., us big kids sometimes like PB&J sandwiches or special canapés). We ask for a bowl of gummy bears and M&Ms to be kept full, along with pitchers of water and ice tea in the fridge.

If you want in-suite dining, your butler will serve you from any restaurant on the ship, brining a white table cloth.

Here's the NCL video

(most of the shots were filmed on the Escape)

We had a forward facing suite on the Escape and enjoyed the extra space (but the balcony is small).

You are booking a suite. You will have full access to a concierge staff to help you with reservations and priority seating in the main theater and Supper Club dinners. Your room is NOT part of the main suites complex, but a short walk to the elevators which will take you there. In the suites complex, you have a [small] private pool, hot tubs, sauna, sundeck (inside and outside), a private dining room (nicer than costal kitchen) for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, private lounge and bar.

Your butler will bring snacks each afternoon. If you have something special, he will bring it for you in addition to the default snacks (e.g., us big kids sometimes like PB&J sandwiches or special canapés). We ask for a bowl of gummy bears and M&Ms to be kept full, along with pitchers of water and ice tea in the fridge.

If you want in-suite dining, your butler will serve you from any restaurant on the ship, brining a white table cloth.

Here's the NCL video

(most of the shots were filmed on the Escape)

We had a forward facing suite on the Escape and enjoyed the extra space (but the balcony is small).

Stayed in aft facing Suite on Getaway....Haven access. I’m pretty particular. I can’t say anything but great for everything Haven related.

Our deck was massive. We dined outside every morning for breakfast.

Butler will take care of everything you need or want.

I can’t wait to go again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Stayed in aft facing Suite on Getaway....Haven access. I’m pretty particular. I can’t say anything but great for everything Haven related.

Yes, the aft Haven room balconies on the GA are large. This person is sailing on Escape in a forward "facing" room which actually has a side balcony that is pretty small. The ships are similar though.

I was considering an aft Haven room, but was turned off by it being so far from the actual Haven area. Did you find this to be an issue at all?

I was considering an aft Haven room, but was turned off by it being so far from the actual Haven area. Did you find this to be an issue at all?

Really was not bad. We were on 12...you have to take 7 to cross without going outside. Trust me ..with all the Bushwackers and meals the few extra steps are a must.

The butler services the 12 aft suites exclusively so he’s always around.

The tradeoff is worth it to me. The aft is so quiet and private. And sitting out there at night with no wind is magical, almost mystical really.

We considered the walk part of our daily workout.

Sometimes I do book right in the Haven, like on Epic. Jewel class the aft. And the Sun has no Haven but wonderful aft suites.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sooooo I might switch to an Aft Haven room...... any thought positive or negative between the Forward penthouse and the aft?

I know the Aft room will have a larger balcony for one....

Really wanted to get a room right in the Haven area but the prices were higher then I wanted to pay lol

We were in an aft on Epic and loved it! We didn’t find the walk to the Haven to be a big deal. We’re booked in an aft on deck 9 of the Breakaway next year. We can’t WAIT for that huge balcony-planning to have breakfast there every morning, as well as a dinner or two. I think we’ll be spending tons of time out on our balcony, as opposed to other areas of the ship, including the actual Haven courtyard.

We were in an aft on Epic and loved it! We didn’t find the walk to the Haven to be a big deal. We’re booked in an aft on deck 9 of the Breakaway next year. We can’t WAIT for that huge balcony-planning to have breakfast there every morning, as well as a dinner or two. I think we’ll be spending tons of time out on our balcony, as opposed to other areas of the ship, including the actual Haven courtyard.

I'm really thinking of changing to the Aft room lol, they currently have one on deck 15 :)

We were in the aft penthouse on BA and the balcony was huge. Had the butler bring breakfast out there on several mornings. You can order anything you want even if it’s not on the menu. The aft balcony doesn’t get the wind like the forward facing balcony does. We were on the 8th floor and had entrance to balcony from bedroom and one from living room. Also had two bathrooms, don’t know if forward has two.

The walk to haven courtyard wasn’t that bad. I really loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are Celebrity and RCCL cruisers who went on our 1st NCL cruise in December. The Haven is fabulous! I would not consider cruising NCL without it. The Haven pool area is quiet and lovely, the bar is a step up, the bartenders go out of their way to make you happy. The priority to get off and on the ship is awesome, especially when there's a tender. The concierge makes everything magically go your way. The restaurant is quiet with excellent service. Have a wonderful time. :D

I'm really thinking of changing to the Aft room lol, they currently have one on deck 15 :)

Any chance you are on the October 16th sailing? I am on that cruise and have an aft facing PH on Deck 12. As a matter of fact I am staying in that very same cabin on the Getaway this April. I can't say enough about those rooms. They are spacious and the balcony is amazing. As noted by others, it's wonderful to have the butler serve your meal out there. Because they are aft, there isn't any hallway noise and you never have any wind as you might with a forward facing balcony. I don't mind walking up/down to the Haven at all. It's a worthwhile trade off to have that spectacular balcony.