Celebrity cancelled me twice ?

Cruisin4beaches

I booked a 5 night cruise on the Infinity 3/11/19 in Dec 2016 for my birthday. Then the sailing was pulled from their website about 6 months later but still showed up on other cruise websites but if you tried to book it showed no cabins available. That left me thinking the ship was chartered.

So I booked the Summit for 3/16/19 as a back up cruise. Now I got a voicemail saying the Summit is going into dry dock. Meanwhile my Infinity cruise shows back up again now as a 7 night leaving 3/09/19. They auto cancelled my 5 night not calling me just removing the cruise from my list of bookings( which I had 5) and refunding my deposit.

My question to all of you is which department at Celebrity should I call to let them know how pissed off I am? My feeling is they should have moved me over to the 7 night Infinity sailing since it was only 2 days earlier and honored my price,cabin and perks.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I am in a situation very similar to you. In th past 6 months we have had 2 sailings cancelled as well, only we were notified.

Although both situations were resolved to our complete satisfaction I do intend to send letters of complaint with regard to the manner in which it was all handled.

I plan to send copies of the same letter to LLP, one to the loyalty department, and one to RCCL, the corporate owner of Celebrity.

Personally, I think you should have received first offer on the new 7 day cruise not a cancellation.

My question to all of you is which department at Celebrity should I call to let them know how pissed off I am?

Trust me... Celebrity couldn't give two hoots about what you feel, as was perfectly apparent after the utter disaster that the Infinity Antarctica sailing had a few weeks back.

My suggestion would be to take your money and book elsewhere.

What was the Antarctica disaster?

They had propulsion issues which cause the loss of 2 ports on a 14 day cruise with only 4 ports to begin with. We were thinking of doing this cruise so I've been lurking on the roll calls. Seems there were a lot of irate passengers and given the cost of the Antarctic cruises I understand why. To add insult to injury, Celebrity is only refunding them a tiny amount of compensation.

We had a cruise cancelled on us recently and none of the "price protected" options worked for us for various reasons. Outlined my concerns and expectations in a private facebook messenger message (Twitter DM would work too) fully expecting it to be nothing more than a cathartic venting. Surprisingly, in less than 24 hrs I had a call back from one of their agents in their resolutions dept. Happy to say after a few calls, things have been settled to our satisfaction.