So angry. 32 minutes on hold...

bubbadogmom

I had the same experience as the OP and went to new reservations then had to be transferred to the group handling the rebooking. It is totally luck of the draw.

After the long wait the person I worked with was patient with my questions and helpful in working out the options to rebook.

Al

Very true. But I actually enjoy the process of booking and choosing a cabin and being in control of my reservation. Out of 14 or so cruises I’ve never had to call.....

Youn can still choose your hoice of cabin through a TA. What other "control" are you looking for that is worth the many benefits of using a TA? Just curious.

I tried this a couple of weeks ago. They called me back immediately, then put me on hold for 45 min before I gave up.:)

I Am sure many people do not realize, yet there is a "Call Me" function at the website, so you do not have to hold for them.

Good luck and bon voyage

Over the past few weeks I've had wait times under 5 minutes and over 65 minutes, both call initiated mid-morning. I just put my phone on speaker mode and do other things while waiting.

I have also experienced long wait times. So I have chosen their option for a return call when an agent becomes available holding my place in line. And they do call back

I have also experienced long wait times. So I have chosen their option for a return call when an agent becomes available holding my place in line. And they do call back

Most of the post recounting posters' experience with the feature indicate that the person was called back and then put on hold anyway, so no better off than just waiting in the first place IMO.

I experienced the same "we'll call you back when an agent is available" to only be put on hold...except it happened with my TA! The same big box store that many people use. The agent I got also was the first one I've ever talked to there who didn't really seem to know much about anything, so lots of time was wasted being put on hold so she could consult her supervisor.

Anyway, we eventually got the re-booking squared away, but she said that her Celebrity contact didn't know anything about the Summit cancellations, either, which is why it was taking so long.

I tried this a couple of weeks ago. They called me back immediately, then put me on hold for 45 min before I gave up.:)

m - sorry to hear that! I would think, possibly only me, that they would connect right away and talk right away, thus otherwise is defeating the purpose for doing it at all...

bon voyage

Maybe volume of callers in US is much greater but any time I have to call UK Celebrity I am through very quickly.

g - LOL, many of us here in the U.S. have been trained to call any and all marketers/companies and we do, en-mass at times, too.. so lines can get overloaded anytime day or night, to say the least.

I preserver regardless...

bon voyage