So angry. 32 minutes on hold...

bubbadogmom

I am so ANGRY!! Celebrity cancels our cruise (lots of us, I’m sure ) they leave a message.

I call back and wait on hold for 32 MINUTES!!

CJ (the agent) pulls up reservation, says she’s putting me on hold AND HANGS UP ON ME!! [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Going to take a minute to breathe. Grrrrrr.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While a 32 minute wait on hold is unacceptable it doesn’t come close to a recent call to Air Canada, I called and got a message stating they were experiencing a higher than normal call volume and my wait time would be 2 hours and 23 minutes :o

Having managed a customer service centre I can understand how long wait times can occur. You plan for normal call volume and then experience a high call volume or technical issue that throws the best laid plans out the window.

I had to call X today and had zero wait time. I was connected to a rep as soon as I selected all the choices to be routed to someone who could help.

Good luck and sorry your cruise got canceled.

Edited by RickT
spelling error

I am so ANGRY!! Celebrity cancels our cruise (lots of us, I’m sure ) they leave a message.

I call back and wait on hold for 32 MINUTES!!

CJ (the agent) pulls up reservation, says she’s putting me on hold AND HANGS UP ON ME!! [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Going to take a minute to breathe. Grrrrrr.

As many have said many times, this is the type of situation that had you booked through a TA, they would be on hold rather than you :cool:

While a 32 minute wait on hold is unacceptable it doesn’t come close to a recent call to Air Canada, I called and got a message stating they were experiencing a higher than normal call volume and my wait time would be 2 hours and 23 minutes :o

Having managed a customer service centre I can understand how long wait times can occur. You plan for normal call volume and then experience a high call volume or technical issue that throws the best laid plans out the window.

I had to call X today and had zero wait time. I was connected to a rep as soon as I selected all the choices to be routed to someone who could help.

Good luck and sorry your cruise got canceled.

Lol 🙄. I have to fly Air Canada for work a lot. Not surprised at that one!

As many have said many times, this is the type of situation that had you booked through a TA, they would be on hold rather than you :cool:

Very true. But I actually enjoy the process of booking and choosing a cabin and being in control of my reservation. Out of 14 or so cruises I’ve never had to call.....

Very simple for a trusted TA to handle rebooking a cancelled cruise if one is retired, yes. Not simple if one is not retired, and had oh so carefully selected a cruise that fit within work deadlines or family requirements.

Press through to the new reservations line. They'll answer in 32 seconds, not minutes, and will be happy to assist IME. The existing reservations line is a joke.

That is a great tip but could you explain exactly how you "press through to the new reservations line"?

That is a great tip but could you explain exactly how you "press through to the new reservations line"?

I totally didn’t understand at first too! Then it sunk in.....

If you already have a reservation you push 3. But they know they already have your $$ so you wait.

But if you push 1 - you’re a new person looking to give them money and business! No wait for you......

Oh my gosh - that made me laugh. I can't imagine 2h 23min. Did you wait?? [emoji53]

As a total aside, I once heard that Air Canada considers a flight "on time" as long as it departs within 15minutes of the scheduled time. I find that amusing. To me, if it leaves after the scheduled time, it's NOT on time (in fact, it's LATE!)

Sorry, not trying to hijack the post...

But is that in Canadian minutes? What's the current exchange rate? ;p

Oh my gosh - that made me laugh. I can't imagine 2h 23min. Did you wait?? [emoji53]

As a total aside, I once heard that Air Canada considers a flight "on time" as long as it departs within 15minutes of the scheduled time. I find that amusing. To me, if it leaves after the scheduled time, it's NOT on time (in fact, it's LATE!)

Sorry, not trying to hijack the post...

For Air Canada? Heck, if the flight doesn’t get delayed by 2+ hours or outright cancelled, I’d say “this isn’t Air Canada”!:'):rolleyes:

OP, I feel for you...bad enough to be disappointed by a cruise cancellation without then not receiving prompt customer service.

Our experiences telephoning X have been mixed, sometimes much faster than others.

Worst experience was with RC where a website issue resulted in us needing to telephone....passed from department to department (IT, finance, customer services....), on the phone for over half an hour at a cost of over £9! As a matter of principle we emailed to request the phone cost be refunded. We received a reply thanking us for pointing out our call had lasted so long but no refund!

OP, I feel for you...bad enough to be disappointed by a cruise cancellation without then not receiving prompt customer service.

Our experiences telephoning X have been mixed, sometimes much faster than others.

Worst experience was with RC where a website issue resulted in us needing to telephone....passed from department to department (IT, finance, customer services....), on the phone for over half an hour at a cost of over £9! As a matter of principle we emailed to request the phone cost be refunded. We received a reply thanking us for pointing out our call had lasted so long but no refund!

It can be seriously expensive to phone Celebrity UK - even the Booking line costs 7 pence a minute!! I think there is a number that is not a premium line for Captains Club but they keep it hidden well away.

It can be seriously expensive to phone Celebrity UK - even the Booking line costs 7 pence a minute!! I think there is a number that is not a premium line for Captains Club but they keep it hidden well away.

The number in the pic have been posted on another social media site. IMG_4799.jpg.21e312770d463d6876264256d66c7bbe.jpg