RC Specifics

MomSwag

I have only sailed on Carnival, but in April we will sail on RC (Liberty of the Seas) and I have some specific questions:

1. Is their soda policy the same as Carnival? (You can take a 12 pk per person on board Carnival)

2. I have chronic pain/osteoarthritis/autoimmune disease and I choose to treat it all naturally with essential oils. Will I be allowed to bring these on board? I also make my own bug spray/sunscreen/etc... I take zero prescription or OTC medications and rely heavily on my oils to function. Everything is stored in glass bottles/jars.

3. There are so many food choices on RC! Are they all free or do most of them require payment?

4. Is the solarium free of charge? From what I understand, it's the equivalent of Carnival's Serenity Deck, but I wasn't sure. There's an amazing looking pool/whirlpool thingy and I didn't know if it's included!

5. May I bring a small fan with me?

6. Are we allowed to bring a Yeti type cup to put water in?

7. Are we allowed to bring a cooler on board? If so, do you know the dimensions?

8. Are you allowed to bring your own tea or powdered drink mixes on board? What about if they are in a ziploc bag? (I'm a barista and I buy big bags of Chai powder that I keep in a jar at home. To avoid bringing the whole bag, I would bring a little in a ziploc!)

9. Is there a countdown app for your phone or computer? Also, Carnival has an app that you can download to keep up with what's going on onboard and also communicate with your group, keep track of ship time, etc....Is there one for RC?

10. How do you successfully hold your lounge chairs on RC while you take a dip in the pool or go get a quick snack/drink? On Carnival, people would move our stuff out of our chairs even if we were just taking a bathroom break, etc...I know you can't "hold" chairs for long periods of time, but what about when you won't be out of your spot for long?? Does this happen a lot on RC also??

I browsed the FAQ on the RC website, but their site isn't as user friendly as Carnival's site. The information seems more vague or nonexistent. I figured someone here would KNOW! TIA for your help.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Forums mobile app

I have only sailed on Carnival, but in April we will sail on RC (Liberty of the Seas) and I have some specific questions:

1. Is their soda policy the same as Carnival? (You can take a 12 pk per person on board Carnival) officially, no. if you are sailing during Spring Break, it may be enforced more stringently

2. I have chronic pain/osteoarthritis/autoimmune disease and I choose to treat it all naturally with essential oils. Will I be allowed to bring these on board? I also make my own bug spray/sunscreen/etc... I take zero prescription or OTC medications and rely heavily on my oils to function. Everything is stored in glass bottles/jars. I suggest carry on only.

3. There are so many food choices on RC! Are they all free or do most of them require payment? about half and half. On Lib, the Promenade options, Buffet and MDR are included. ( except the ice cream on Promenade) Specialty dining is extra( Izumi, Chops, Sabor and Giovannis)

4. Is the solarium free of charge? From what I understand, it's the equivalent of Carnival's Serenity Deck, but I wasn't sure. There's an amazing looking pool/whirlpool thingy and I didn't know if it's included! it is the adult only space.. 16 and up. its nothing spectacular.

5. May I bring a small fan with me? battery operated is best. there are limited plugs and you cannot bring on an extension cord or power strip

6. Are we allowed to bring a Yeti type cup to put water in? yes but you must fill it via one of their glasses from the3 dispensers

7. Are we allowed to bring a cooler on board? If so, do you know the dimensions? for in cabin use is fine, not by the pool deck. you can carry on anything that fits through the security scanners. you can check almost anything. a very large one would be hard to keep full of ice

8. Are you allowed to bring your own tea or powdered drink mixes on board? What about if they are in a ziploc bag? (I'm a barista and I buy big bags of Chai powder that I keep in a jar at home. To avoid bringing the whole bag, I would bring a little in a ziploc!) yes but try not to over pack.. it will not be allowed back OFF the ship at the end.

9. Is there a countdown app for your phone or computer? Also, Carnival has an app that you can download to keep up with what's going on onboard and also communicate with your group, keep track of ship time, etc....Is there one for RC? not for Lib

10. How do you successfully hold your lounge chairs on RC while you take a dip in the pool or go get a quick snack/drink? On Carnival, people would move our stuff out of our chairs even if we were just taking a bathroom break, etc...I know you can't "hold" chairs for long periods of time, but what about when you won't be out of your spot for long?? Does this happen a lot on RC also?? the accepted polite wait is 20 minutes. but you will find this on every ship in every cruise line.

I browsed the FAQ on the RC website, but their site isn't as user friendly as Carnival's site. The information seems more vague or nonexistent. I figured someone here would KNOW! TIA for your help.

I already answered your GF questions. what Ports are you hitting? the Belize Itinerary often has an extended Customs procedure than can cause delays at disembarkation. you SHOULD be okay Fog wise in April.

I already answered your GF questions. what Ports are you hitting? the Belize Itinerary often has an extended Customs procedure than can cause delays at disembarkation. you SHOULD be okay Fog wise in April.
Thank you so much!

Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan

We bring a small collapsible cooler that we bring on in our checked bags.

They also have soft serve ice cream machines during the day on the pool deck.

The buffet and main dining rooms have times during the day, late morning and late afternoon where neither is open. So plan your meals accordingly. I wish they would have a pool side grill.

I need a fan ALL NIGHT LONG, so I bring a small electric. Extension cord, if you need it by your bed...no surge protecter on it, tho.

At the pool, tell your lounger neighbors that you'll be right back....if anyone asks if someone is sitting there, they will say "yes".

I need a fan ALL NIGHT LONG, so I bring a small electric. Extension cord, if you need it by your bed...no surge protecter on it, tho.

At the pool, tell your lounger neighbors that you'll be right back....if anyone asks if someone is sitting there, they will say "yes".

Thank you. Someone had posted that you couldn't bring an extension cord, but maybe they meant one with a surge protector.

Good idea about the lounge neighbors! I also bought brightly colored towel clips, so maybe that will help.