Prices

Been a lengthy thread on high prices just recently. However, you can never book too early (assuming you are willing to pay a current price) , because you can always cancel if you change your mind or you can get a lower price if one occurs later, before final payment is due.

Been a lengthy thread on high prices just recently. However, you can never book too early (assuming you are willing to pay a current price) , because you can always cancel if you change your mind or you can get a lower price if one occurs later, before final payment is due.

I didn’t see that thread and will have to search for it. Very true on booking now and just watching prices. I do that usually, but was quite surprised at the current NCL prices lately.

I didn’t see that thread and will have to search for it. Very true on booking now and just watching prices. I do that usually, but was quite surprised at the current NCL prices lately.

Yea. Our next one already booked has increased $850 since we booked it.

I usually find that the price goes higher the closer to sail date. But in my case for my March sailing, I just saw today that my cruise went down $100 per person. It was only the balcony category though, all other categories stayed the same price. I am already past my final so I guess I'm just out the $200. On the plus side, me son and his girlfriend decided to join us last minute and he benefited from booking late.

I've never seen the prices this high before. Its a bit jump from this fall to next fall. I know many people say book now but I'm waiting it out. Last year I booked mine a year in advance and prices had dropped. And they continued to lower closer to sail away. I know that's not always the c assure. But it was for escape last year

Is it me, or do the prices seem higher for cruises in the later 2019? Seems prior I would book early and prices were better, but now appearing not that way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh i have noticed. The price hikes are OVER THE TOP. We paid 749 dollars per person on our last Transatlantic for a mid ship balcony but now the average is over 1300 dollars. We are now booked on this year transatlantic on the Breakaway from Denmark to New York and we are paying over 3000 dollars for 2 people,we are keeping our options open and we may cancel, maybe even go on another cruise line.

• 3 months later...
Oh i have noticed. The price hikes are OVER THE TOP. We paid 749 dollars per person on our last Transatlantic for a mid ship balcony but now the average is over 1300 dollars. We are now booked on this year transatlantic on the Breakaway from Denmark to New York and we are paying over 3000 dollars for 2 people,we are keeping our options open and we may cancel, maybe even go on another cruise line.

I just looked again and the same destination and itinerary we took last November is $500 more this next November. The only difference is the ship because NCL changes ships for NOLA.

I just looked again and the same destination and itinerary we took last November is $500 more this next November. The only difference is the ship because NCL changes ships for NOLA.

We booked an 8 day this week and there was only $550 difference in an interior and a suite. With the perks included with the suite it was a no brainer.

Is it me, or do the prices seem higher for cruises in the later 2019? Seems prior I would book early and prices were better, but now appearing not that way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

yes a lot higher, even on Transatlantics which used to be the most economical ones. LOL it seems i already responded to this thread...LOL serves me right for not reading all the way through :-)..that said, i will wait a little while to maybe book the transatlantic for next year ( on the Getaway) right now too expensive for my taste..