Fantastica drink package

gorb

The offers don't come from the TAs. They're part of MSC promotions. The All-Inclusive drinks package is often offered on Fantastica bookings in the UK and Ireland.

Good to know, we are Australians but live overseas. If we can’t find the promotion on the Aussie site are we allowed to book thru the UK? ( we have done this before with celebrity with no problems)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok thank you. The fact they charge in Euro (it would seem) I am assuming they do understand how VAT works.

For what it’s worth, it certainly is Spain that kicked this off. The rules of engagement are as described above, so MSC would be duty bound to collect the VAT tax.... but not the made up Carnival one “what it would have cost you” tax.

I’m relieved to hear they understand EU tax laws... unlike some others... though maybe they understand them only too well !!!

Hmmm, we are taking an NCL ta in April that has 3 Spanish stops. We have the drinks package, so you are saying they will try and charge us VAT on the “value” of the drink?

Hmmm, we are taking an NCL ta in April that has 3 Spanish stops. We have the drinks package, so you are saying they will try and charge us VAT on the “value” of the drink?

That is 100% definitely what Carnival did and I saw it mentioned - I think in the Carnival sub forum - that NCL were doing exactly the same thing.

Going one step further... on the cruise I was on, I mentioned that I luckily didn’t get this “what it would have cost” tax.... but passengers were charged 21% for their drinks purchased (no package) instead of 10% which Spanish tax is for food and drink. They refused to give it back.

I’m honestly hoping I’m wrong to suggest NCL is pulling this same fast one that Carnival did. No doubt there will be screams and shouts when their new “Horizon” makes its maiden shortly.

I would ask the question on the NCL board to ask. I am more than happy to stand corrected, but I’m confident that this at least was reported.

Good to know, we are Australians but live overseas. If we can’t find the promotion on the Aussie site are we allowed to book thru the UK? ( we have done this before with celebrity with no problems)

I honestly don’t know. I suspect you could though no doubt you would have to sort your own flights.

However, it looks like the site is saying the all inclusive offer ends today. (Doesn’t mean it won’t continue of course - but just letting you know!)

http://Https://www.Msccruises.co.uk

You won't be allowed to book with MSC UK (you could try a UK TA?). Have you tried the MSC website in the region you're living in to see what's on offer, there?

No tax is ever added on. There have been reports on here that a Spanish tax is added if you purchase something onboard when in Spanish waters, but I've never experienced this and I've sailed numerous times in the region.

Actually, when we were eating in the Asian Fusion Restaurant on Seaside, tax was being added to the bill because we were still too close to port (Miami)....we had to wait to get further away so it wouldn't be added, but it wouldn't go away, so the waiter altered the check so we could be on our way and not wait.

I honestly don’t know. I suspect you could though no doubt you would have to sort your own flights.

However, it looks like the site is saying the all inclusive offer ends today. (Doesn’t mean it won’t continue of course - but just letting you know!)

http://Https://www.Msccruises.co.uk

les37b, would you be willing to email me to compare notes on the pricing between uk and aust?

If so my email is jamesamcauliffe74 at gmail.com

les37b, would you be willing to email me to compare notes on the pricing between uk and aust?

If so my email is jamesamcauliffe74 at gmail.com

[/url]

No problem. Which cruise did you need the price for?

BTW if you use a VPN you would be able to appear to be in the UK and it will be UK prices not Aus$ you’d see. I think Tor might do this without needing to sign up to anything.

No problem. Which cruise did you need the price for?

BTW if you use a VPN you would be able to appear to be in the UK and it will be UK prices not Aus$ you’d see. I think Tor might do this without needing to sign up to anything.

I might start with the one you booked, to see if what I am getting here is comparable. Looks like the drinks packages are not being included on the uk website at the moment, on the Aussie one you can have the drinks package as a buy one get one free or obc. However the website is useless at updating

The all-inclusive has nothing to do with the 12 vouchers, which currently are included with a Fantastica booking in the US. You don't get vouchers with the all-inclusive. There will be a code on your cruisecard (431) indicating that you have the package so the crew will know that you have it. Gelato is included in your package. Everything on the menus without asterisks is covered and you can order when you like, as often as you like.

Thanks Bea, and also for posting the link to the menus. One clarification question, we have the Fantasia package booked from the U.S. (12 vouchers) - we don't have the all inclusive drink package. Our vouchers would be good for anything without an asterisk on the menus, just like for the all inclusive (just not as many), correct?

Thanks Bea, and also for posting the link to the menus. One clarification question, we have the Fantasia package booked from the U.S. (12 vouchers) - we don't have the all inclusive drink package. Our vouchers would be good for anything without an asterisk on the menus, just like for the all inclusive (just not as many), correct?

I've never had the vouchers so I'm not sure what they cover, sorry. Hopefully someone else with experience will post an answer.

We had the Fantastica experience with the 12 drink vouchers and could only use them for any drink that was $8 or less. Could not use them for anything in Venchi.

However, I have read on here since our sailing that someone complained to Hotel Director and he said that you could and should be able to get drinks etc from Venchi.

So, I would go to Guest Services and speak to someone if they say you can't use them.

We had the vouchers and there wasn't anything that we ordered that wasn't covered. We got frozen drinks and gelato by the pool and coffee drinks and wine and never had a problem.

We had the Fantastica experience with the 12 drink vouchers and could only use them for any drink that was $8 or less. Could not use them for anything in Venchi.

However, I have read on here since our sailing that someone complained to Hotel Director and he said that you could and should be able to get drinks etc from Venchi.

So, I would go to Guest Services and speak to someone if they say you can't use them.

I wouldn't bother going to Guest Services...the lines are too long and they don't really know anything about stuff like this.

The Hotel Director, Ziggy is always out and about (usually with Captain Massa) and he will help you with any questions. We used our Fantastica coupons in Venchi, without issue.

We had the vouchers and there wasn't anything that we ordered that wasn't covered. We got frozen drinks and gelato by the pool and coffee drinks and wine and never had a problem.

This is something that was upsetting for us after our cruise. We tried all week to order various things like the items you mentioned and we were continuously told no, those were not covered by the vouchers. The only things that we were able to order without issue were cocktails $8 or less. Wine $8 or less. Tea and coffee and cappucino. That is it.

We tried ordering a $4.50 coffee in Vencchi one night and were told by two different people that it is not possible to use the vouchers there. We even went to guest services and they also said that because it is a franchise then we could not use our vouchers there.

I am happy for the people who were able to use them everywhere. I guess the policy has changed??

I wouldn't bother going to Guest Services...the lines are too long and they don't really know anything about stuff like this.

The Hotel Director, Ziggy is always out and about (usually with Captain Massa) and he will help you with any questions. We used our Fantastica coupons in Venchi, without issue.

This back and forth and changing rulesand policies on this ship is what is turning me off of this cruiseline. To me, you are either open for business from the first sailing onwards or you are not. I realize that nothing is ever going to be perfect but policies should not change from one sailing to the next. I feel ripped off.

This is something that was upsetting for us after our cruise. We tried all week to order various things like the items you mentioned and we were continuously told no, those were not covered by the vouchers. The only things that we were able to order without issue were cocktails $8 or less. Wine $8 or less. Tea and coffee and cappucino. That is it.

We tried ordering a $4.50 coffee in Vencchi one night and were told by two different people that it is not possible to use the vouchers there. We even went to guest services and they also said that because it is a franchise then we could not use our vouchers there.

I am happy for the people who were able to use them everywhere. I guess the policy has changed??

I'm sorry that you had that experience. I stand by my "don't ask guest services" statement. They know very little.

We ordered Miami Vice, Pina Coladas, etc by the pool and then we got big cups of gelato at the pool. We even got Afoggatto (sp) coffee drinks in Venchi....awesome!!!

I'm sorry that you had that experience. I stand by my "don't ask guest services" statement. They know very little.

We ordered Miami Vice, Pina Coladas, etc by the pool and then we got big cups of gelato at the pool. We even got Afoggatto (sp) coffee drinks in Venchi....awesome!!!

That is awesome!

I guess enough people complained that they changed the policy. I know there were a number of people in Vencchi the same night as we were that were not happy about not being able to get a coffee.

I might start with the one you booked, to see if what I am getting here is comparable. Looks like the drinks packages are not being included on the uk website at the moment, on the Aussie one you can have the drinks package as a buy one get one free or obc. However the website is useless at updating

Yes I had a look - and it seems the offer I got is no longer available. I did say it stated it was ending on 28 Feb - and I guess this time that really happened. No doubt will be back!

Yes I had a look - and it seems the offer I got is no longer available. I did say it stated it was ending on 28 Feb - and I guess this time that really happened. No doubt will be back!

No worries, will try using VPN next time. When I check ncl USA vs Australia they often break the bill down differently but I find the overall total tends to be similar whereas on Celebrity I find massive differences between the different countries. I wonder what would stop up you booking on the UK site? I have done it successfully on Celebrity

No worries, will try using VPN next time. When I check ncl USA vs Australia they often break the bill down differently but I find the overall total tends to be similar whereas on Celebrity I find massive differences between the different countries. I wonder what would stop up you booking on the UK site? I have done it successfully on Celebrity

Im honestly not sure. I would have thought you could, though not doubting what's already been posted. Certainly i think there may be restrictions on flight bookings.

Seems I booked at a good time. I'd never even considered MSC before and only actually looked for something out of Venice because the cruise I should have been on next month from Venice was cancelled for a dry docking ship stretching.

Just looked through another posting and found the gelato place "Venchi" is this on all ships? Certainly looks nice!

Managed to locate the thread I was talking about.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2585288

Hope the OP of the thread got it wrong.