Choice of Western med Ports if on helipad

Beanb41

On our upcoming Western Med cruise there is every possibility that we will have an opportunity to visit the helipad on the Celebrity Eclipse due to out Celebrity status.

If one had a choice which ports would one choose if given an option and why?

Alicante, Malaga, Valencia (Spain); Gibraltar; Marseille (France) or Naples (Italy)

Thanks in advance

If one wants to visit the helipad for an entry or departure it is possible to put in a request. The higher ones status the greater to chances of getting ones request actioned. Just one of the perks. Given the choice which are the better ports to select. On two previous cruises to the Med we have had other opportunities to visit the helipad and the greatest of those would have to have been the entry into Kotor in Montenegro

Not sure that I understand your question, but you don’t get to choose the port. The ship does based on a host of factors, once per cruise, if at all.

We were once invited to 3 sailaways on the helipad...all in the same cruise! Elite Plus, Cruise Critic, and Sky Suite. On our last cruise, we were invited to 2 sailaways. Cruise Critic and Elite Plus. Our adult children, in two other separate staterooms, were also invited twice. They are not Elite Plus. We have been invited at least once on every cruise in the last 3-4 years.

To answer the OP's question. I'd pick Malaga or Valencia in Spain. Or Marseille, France.

On our last 2 cruises Concierge class was invited to the helipad. We were in that category on cruise #1 but not the second, and even though Elite, did not receive a helipad invitation. Of course that was a TA with few ports, but was I ever jealous of friends in concierge who experienced sailing out of NY harbor on the helipad:loudcry:.

On our last 2 cruises Concierge class was invited to the helipad. We were in that category on cruise #1 but not the second, and even though Elite, did not receive a helipad invitation. Of course that was a TA with few ports, but was I ever jealous of friends in concierge who experienced sailing out of NY harbor on the helipad:loudcry:.

It's not uncommon for repositioning cruises to have 800 or more Elite, Elite +, and Zenith Captain's Club members aboard... In such cases it is not uncommon for loyalty-based invitations to be extended to Elite + and/or Zenith tier members if a helipad event is staged [they are capacity controlled from a security perspective, and then, most invitees want to stand at the rail] if any loyalty-based invitations are extended at all... The criteria for invitation to an event if held [i've never personally seen Concierge Class--as a sole consideration--in the mix] varies from sailing to sailing with an eye toward keeping the group size manageable and the invitation list equitable/defensible...

On Equinox in December, there were two helipad sail-away events... In one case, the selection criteria was based on level of accommodation [all suites; on occasion it has been limited to only the highest suites] and loyalty... Invitation to the second event was limited--I'd never seen it before--to first time Celebrity cruisers...

To my mind, invitation to such events--and the ability to request inclusion [anyone can do so--with varying results--by speaking with the Captain's Club Host/ess or Guest Relations]--are not a loyalty perk [they are certainly not listed as such] but rather a nice gesture for those who enjoy attending [some are far more scenic than others; for me, Venice (prior to rerouting of large ships) was--by far--most memorable]...

Iamthesea thanx for addressing my question even in part. I am fully aware of restrictions on getting onto the helipad. Having now had to suck a few eggs it would be helpful if those who have experienced the ports identified could advise the best one for arrival or sailaway.

Iamthesea thanx for addressing my question even in part. I am fully aware of restrictions on getting onto the helipad. Having now had to suck a few eggs it would be helpful if those who have experienced the ports identified could advise the best one for arrival or sailaway.

Of Naples, Malaga & Gibraltar (since we've only sailed from those 3) I'd go for The Rock!