B2B (kinda) different ships

gochina

Looking for info if Carnival helps transfer passengers from one ship to another on same port, same day. I know ships get in early and leave late so I'd rather spend time doing something enjoyable than spending time babysitting my luggage all day. Thanks!

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Forums mobile app

Each b2b is considered a separate cruise. You still have to disembark and go thru immigration (with luggage) and then go through the same emabarkation process as on 1st cruise with the next ship

Each b2b is considered a separate cruise. You still have to disembark and go thru immigration (with luggage) and then go through the same emabarkation process as on 1st cruise with the next ship

Ouch! That's an all day job! Do you know if the Valor and the Freedom are docking close enough to each other at port of Galveston so I don't need a taxi to transfer? Thanks!

Ouch! That's an all day job! Do you know if the Valor and the Freedom are docking close enough to each other at port of Galveston so I don't need a taxi to transfer? Thanks!

What you are talking about is commonly called a side to side. Debark one ship and immediately embark another.

You can drop your check luggage with the porters fairly early (9AM) and enjoy some time in Galveston.

Regarding the Valor and Freedom. It isn't so much the distance but rather the conditions of the surface you would need to walk that might be a problem. If I can find any info about walking between I will certainly post.

It's up to you to transfer you luggage. I just walk ship to ship, have done so, in a few ports. but, the comment about luggage is valid. It pays to have heavy duty quality bags, if you have cheap stuff, from "Walmart", you could end up having to replace it because of a malfunction.

What you are talking about is commonly called a side to side. Debark one ship and immediately embark another.

You can drop your check luggage with the porters fairly early (9AM) and enjoy some time in Galveston.

Regarding the Valor and Freedom. It isn't so much the distance but rather the conditions of the surface you would need to walk that might be a problem. If I can find any info about walking between I will certainly post.

Where did this saying, side by side come from? In all the years curing and on these boards I've never heard a back to back cruise ever called a side by side anywhere but on CC boards.

Even cruise critic calls it a back to back even on different ships.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2327

Just something I've always wondered.[emoji4]

Bill

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

• See if you can disembark as late as possible, at 10 AM for example (although that may be a but later than they will let you.)
  • Get your bags as normal out the terminal to where you would normally catch a ride.
  • Ask a cop or one of the drivers where your ship is located, and how far.
  • Decide if you can hoof it, or just request a Lyft or Uber. Chances are it will be the minimum fare of around $5 - $6. Not an amount worth stressing over between two cruises.
  • When you arrive at the next ship, drop off your bags with the porters, then go in the terminal and wait a couple of three hours for the next boarding. Bring something to read.
  • Alternatively, plan your Uber or Lyft to take you to a nearby shopping area and just have them swing by the baggage drop off on the way out of the terminal area. It will be a bit more expensive to ride out and get another ride back, but at least you won't be bored for several hours. Plus you can stock up on sodas or any other supplies you need for the second cruise.

Where did this saying, side by side come from? In all the years curing and on these boards I've never heard a back to back cruise ever called a side by side anywhere but on CC boards.

Even cruise critic calls it a back to back even on different ships.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2327

Just something I've always wondered.[emoji4]

Bill

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

You are right Bill. I read about this name a few years ago on Cruise Critic and assumed it was correct as it made sense and was logical. But a Google search of side to side cruising only yields references to Cruise Critic. I also wonder who came up with this description?