Are any of the pools ever heated?

sydsmom2034

I am going on the Summit in the fall and my dr. has me swimming every day. I'm not sure I'm willing to hop in a non heated pool. Advice?

The inside pool is beautifully warm! If I remember correctly it has nice easy steps for getting in and out of too if that is an issue for you at all.

Happy Cruising!

The inside pool is beautifully warm! If I remember correctly it has nice easy steps for getting in and out of too if that is an issue for you at all.

Happy Cruising!

Yes that pool is great...I'm not sure if I would call it a "swimming pool"...more of a "large hot tub"...but I guess you can technically "swim".

Mostly I need to be able to move my joints without putting weight on them By inside do you mean the one near the spa?

Yes...the Solarium pool, which is not outdoors. None of the pools are built for lap swimming but should work for what you need in terms of getting movement in.

Mostly I need to be able to move my joints without putting weight on them By inside do you mean the one near the spa?

On Eclipse I was able to be hoisted in and out last year following surgery....unsure if there is a hoist on Summit if this would be useful to you... try looking at pictures of the pool or ask a direct question on here....I must say the pool butlers were fantastic...

Does anyone one know about the pool on Reflection? Thanks

I'm confused.

You say you are on an M-class ship and want a warm pool. Many of us tell you that the Solarium pool is like a big bathtub, perfect for someone with therapy issues.

Why would you want to switch to an S-class ship where, in my experience, the Solarium (indoor) pool was no where near as warm as the M-class?

I'm confused.

You say you are on an M-class ship and want a warm pool. Many of us tell you that the Solarium pool is like a big bathtub, perfect for someone with therapy issues.

Why would you want to switch to an S-class ship where, in my experience, the Solarium (indoor) pool was no where near as warm as the M-class?

Because in post #7 the OP said they were also going on a TA in 2019 on the Reflection. They received info on their Summit cruise and now they are looking for info on the next one.

I have enjoyed warm Solarium pools on Equinox, Eclipse and Solstice....I am sure Reflection will be no different. Eclipse Solarium was warm enough for me to enjoy swimming even in Norway! I board Reflection in a few weeks and will let you know if no one else replies first.

Refection solarium pool was warm and comfortable on Jan 29th cruise to western caribbean. I enjoyed swimming there, I was lucky that few were in pool when I was swimming.

My wife has knee issues and one of the activities that keeps her away from the surgeons knife is daily water aerobics. She loves going in the afternoon and doing her routine in the Solarium Pool. Very rarely it's crowded at that time. Only problem is if we have some rocky seas, the pool can understandable be closed.

If you are cruising in the Caribbean, the pools are "solar" heated...by noon, they will be uncomfortably hot. I like my pool water around 85 F. that's optimal for "not too cold", but still "refreshing". If it's hot without being wet, then you want to be refreshed. If it's cool without being wet...why do you need to get wet?