small group

calmpets

I am organizing a trip for my family, and we will have seven staterooms, which just qualifies us as a group. That being the case, what should I expect once onboard? Will we have a point person to deal with in the event of any issues? Will they check in with us once onboard, or is there someone I should seek out? Is there any difference in the embarkation process? Just curious if there are any other benefits to being set up as a group, or if that really just matters on the booking end of things. We will be arranging one group dinner in La Cucina, and have a couple of shore excursions together, but other than that we plan to be pretty much doing our own thing. Thanks in advance!

Once on board, I don't even think anyone knows you're a group. Or at least that has been the case for our past 2 cruises with 19 rooms booked each cruise. No point person, no embarking special treatment or any special treatment of any kind.

Your perks all come during the booking process. Depending on which option you chose, You should get the 1 cruise fare credit, bev service charges should be waved ( that's a great perk worth about 270 off each cabins price. We've only booked balcony and above so don't know if this pertains to lesser cabins) and different perk choices: paid gratuities, 4 dinners instead of 3 etc...

And once again... once onboard, you being in a group does not mean much.

I haven't heard of any perks other than the booking incentive. What perks are available once on board for the group?

Sometimes your group booking qualifies for "points" which you can use to give guests onboard credit, arrange a cocktail party, send treats to cabins, etc. You may or may not get these depending on the size of your group and the itinerary you book. It is something that would be arranged ahead of time, not something that you would just encounter onboard.

When I sailed with a group of 8 cabins we got a cocktail party and a discount on one cabin. But I think both of those things required a minimum of 8 cabins.