Sea days

We have six days at sea on our Transatlantic cruise will be quite happy to chill out.

Good for you and hope you enjoy your cruise, but your post doesn't answer the op question or add anything to this thread, but thanks for taking the time to input.

Sea days can be what you make them, for us a chance to lie in then have a leisurely breakfast in the main restaurant and meet and chat to fellow guests. Mooch around the ship and find all the nooks and crannies you sometimes don't get chance to look for. Sit/lay out in the sun with a book or iPod or just people watch. Walk around deck or go to the extra shows or port/ guest speaker talks. Take part in the deck or inside games, watch a film in the show lounge or sit in and read or play cards. Visit the many bars or café for a beer or a coffee. We love sea days especially if having several consecutive port days.

They often put a play on in the afternoon and one of the entertainment team might have a solo spot. Time for them to shine on their own. They will on one day have a fashion show, not to be taken seriously and in another area you will most likely find a dance class. If it is a cool day the team alter and lots more done inside. On the smaller ships seating may be harder to find but not impossible. If you are not flying and restricted by weight you might want to consider taking a board game or download in advance a film or two to watch on a tablet. I enjoy finding a spot to read and will take my kindle. Enjoy your holiday.

Thanks for your comments. We like to book Thomson/Marella as they usually have few sea days and long days in port. This time it will be a little different. As you say, it will give us time to explore the ship more and I'll take a few books. We might even try breakfast or lunch in the MDR as this something we've never done. We are usually rushing to get off the ship on tours so I guess this will be a good chance to chill out:)

Good for you and hope you enjoy your cruise, but your post doesn't answer the op question or add anything to this thread, but thanks for taking the time to input.

Oh the irony, neither does your post ;) or mine for that matter.

We have 4 sea days on our cruise this summer. Not looking forward to them but does Marella lay on any extra entertainment during the day?

There used to be so much entertainment on board on sea days you wished you could be in two places at once. Not the case any more. Recent choices were :- Frozen shoulder seminar. Water Retention Seminar, Skin Seminar. Wine Tasting ( All about selling ) Two 45 min sets by the resident band on deck. Bean Bags ???

You may get a sunbed if you are up at the crack of dawn as some selfish people place their towels on beds on both the shaded side of the ship and the sunny side so they can move when it becomes too hot or cool as the case may be.

No more Buffet Magnifique, Chocolate Lovers evening or even Baked Alaska Parade:o:rolleyes::(on some ships.