back from Bahamas on the Breeze.... an excursion video!

ABQrobin

We were at Freeport and Nassau last week and unfortunately it was pretty windy both days. Our kayaking excursion went fine but our parasailing at Nassau was cancelled due to the wind.

here is my video of the kayaking excursion..... in a word it was AWESOME!!!

this was a Carnival cruise excursion, no local company offered it, so we highly recommend it to anyone. Some people kept running into the mangroves now and then but for the most part everyone did great. We covered almost 3 miles! The mangroves blocked the wind very well but it was windy at the beach part of the excursion.

If you are physically fit, this is a great excursion! Lunch was just sandwiches we made ourselves, which was fine with everyone. We were all starving after kayaking. And once back at the port, there are plenty of restaurants and food choices, or just get back on the ship if you are still hungry.

Nassau we just walked to the Queens Staircase, Ft Fincastle, then back to town and took the #10 bus to Fish Fry for lunch. We ate at Twin Brothers then walked back to ship. We stopped at Tiki bar on Junkanoo beach for drinks along the way. Zillions of stores for shopping, and the Straw Market was great also. Lots of wood carvings if you are into those (we are). I got another wooden carved turtle for my wall to go with the others I have from other ports.

We enjoyed both ports, but Freeport was by far one of our favorites because of the kayaking!

robin