Age Limits for Bliss GoKarts & Laser Tag

mzio

We are booked on the Bliss for Feb 2019 with a 9 & 12 year old. They are very excited but I just started to think about age limits - are there age limits for the GoKarts and Laser Tag? The kids will be disappointed if they can't use them as that was the reason we chose Bliss. Thanks!

We are booked on the Bliss for Feb 2019 with a 9 & 12 year old. They are very excited but I just started to think about age limits - are there age limits for the GoKarts and Laser Tag? The kids will be disappointed if they can't use them as that was the reason we chose Bliss. Thanks!

NCL hasn’t released this information yet. We are waiting for the first few cruises to let us know. Age, weight, and price will all be important information.

For the Bliss, we don't have any confirmation on anything other than they exist.

However, it's hard to see a scenario where they don't charge.

Based on the Joy, there's a height limit. So, from that, we can assume there'll be the same on the Bliss. So, not necessarily an age limit, but one based on height. That's fairly normal to use height instead of age though.

For the Bliss, we don't have any confirmation on anything other than they exist.

However, it's hard to see a scenario where they don't charge.

Based on the Joy, there's a height limit. So, from that, we can assume there'll be the same on the Bliss. So, not necessarily an age limit, but one based on height. That's fairly normal to use height instead of age though.

Thank you! Do you know the height requirement on the Joy?

NCL released this photo/rendering back when the official deck plans were released for Bliss...

650x366

...so the thinking is that those who are too short/young would be passengers on either the left or right side depending on which side the driver is more comfortable/accustomed to driving in their home country.

Nothing other than the picture has been released by NCL and no info as to whether or not Bliss will even have any of these 2-seat karts has been released, either. Any info as to height minimum, weight maximum, age minimum, etc. is unknown.

• 2 weeks later...

I also wanted to book with my 9 year old son in mind. Have been 'checking in' with my cruise consultant at Norwegian every other week since Christmas, but nothing yet.... :(:(It would be difficult for us to have those amenities, particularly appealing to preteens, on the ship and not be able to use them.

Edited by LiamsMommy2008
Added

Age limit?? I booked the Bliss because of the go karts and I am definitely not a child... I have always been able to use go karts elsewhere with no age or height limit so I can’t understand why they’d have one on the ship, but I may change plans if I find out we can’t use them.

Age limit?? I booked the Bliss because of the go karts and I am definitely not a child... I have always been able to use go karts elsewhere with no age or height limit so I can’t understand why they’d have one on the ship, but I may change plans if I find out we can’t use them.

They have height/weight limits for the slides so maybe that is why people are asking.

I would expect them to have a height limit on the cars.

Joy has an age minimum of 14 for go karts. So I'd be cautious telling my kids they can ride. 10 cars at a time. But they are single cars, so I'm thinking if the Bliss has double, your kid can ride with you they just can't drive.

Last I heard, you don't pay if you are in Haven but everyone else does.

Laser tag had family times and the open times from what I heard.

• 1 month later...
Just heard from my Cruise Consultant:

And Norwegian finally has information for the Bliss go-karts and laser tag!

Laser tag: no age or height requirements

Go-Karts: minimum height of 48 inches

Correct for both...and maximum height for Go-Karts of 79"! Only requirement for Laser Tag is that the child has to be able to hold/handle the Laser guns!

Norwegian Bliss -Go-Karts & Laser Tag Prices and Rules

Go-Karts No minimum age, they are using Heights minimum height required is 1.20m or 48", Max height 2.00m or 79". Shoes must cover toes and Ankle, loose clothing is not allowed. Long hair must be tied and Hide inside helmet. Drug and alcohol consumption before driving is strictly prohibited. Person with pregnancy, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, spinal injuries is not recommended to participate in the go-karts. The Price Per Session is $5.

28947329_979938085489287_7427727321679503383_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=3feee7e9e8cd4d7e07742e16941eaf40&oe=5B5C94A8

Laser Tag No age minimum, Heights or weights as long as the person can hold the gun they will have hero blast as in alternative two guns for those as requested. Shoes must cover toes. Drug and alcohol consumption before playing is strictly prohibited. Person with pregnancy, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, spinal injuries is not recommended to participate in Laser Tag. The Price Per Session is $5.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The height requirement for the go carts is 48” to drive or ride solo. To ride as a passenger in a double go cart there was no specific height. They would not give me the definite ok to let my 3 year old, 37” ride the go carts until they strapped her in and made sure the seatbelts were tight enough but they did let her go. My 42” son was ok from the start. I paid $10 per person for the double go cart.

The waterslide restrictions were 100lbs for the aqua loops which drops you down over the edge of the ship. 40” for aqua racer, at 40” you can ride the inter tubes double or solo. To ride double the maximum combined weight was 300lb. The pink slide in the kids aqua park is also a waterslide, it has no age or height restrictions but you cannot ride double. It was actually much faster than I had expected.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-faq/are-there-size-and-weight-requirements-water-slides-rope-courses-rock-climbing-walls-racetrack-a

Norwegian Bliss

Race Track:

• Height requirements: Minimum 1.20m or 48”, Maximum 2.00m or 79”
  • Shoes must cover toes and ankle (no flip flops)
  • Loose clothing is not allowed
  • No age minimum, guests only must adhere to height requirements
  • Long hair must be tied back and hide inside helmet
  • Drug and alcohol consumption before driving are strictly prohibited
  • Persons with cardiovascular disease, hypertension, spinal injuries or pregnant are not recommended to participate

Laser Tag:

• Shoes must cover toes (no flip flops)
  • No age, height or weight minimum as long as the person can carry the equipment
  • Hero Blast equipment will be available as an alternative to Laser guns on request
  • Drug and alcohol consumption before participating are strictly prohibited
  • Persons with cardiovascular disease, hypertension, spinal injuries or pregnant are not recommended to participate

Waterslides: Free Fall - Must be 48" (122cm) or taller and weigh at least 99lbs (45kgs) but no more than 300lbs (136kgs). No jewelry of any kind may be worn on the slide. Whip Waterslides - Must be to be at least 48" (122cm). Family slide - Must be at least 42" (106cm).