Cold-water laundry?

Twitchly

Here’s a boring question: I understand Viking provides free laundry rooms, which is great. Do their laundry machines allow you to select a cold-water-only option? Or do they just have a single automated temperature?

I wash most items in cold water only, so knowing the answer to this will help me know how much to pack.

Here’s a boring question: I understand Viking provides free laundry rooms, which is great. Do their laundry machines allow you to select a cold-water-only option? Or do they just have a single automated temperature?

I wash most items in cold water only, so knowing the answer to this will help me know how much to pack.

Someone posted a photo of a washer which I think was the same as the ones we had on Crystal. they did have adjustments for everything you could want including cold water wash.

I think the biggest problem is figuring out what the buttons mean ....

https://intothemidnightsun.shutterfly.com/vikingsea/7

I believe there was also a post that said the machine were not exactly the same from ship to ship ....[/quote]

True! On the Star, deck 3, we didn't need to put in soap but other people have said that their machines did need to add it. Bottom line: the directions are on the wall. Please read before pressing any buttons. :p

My biggest problem on the Viking Star last year was the soap used by the machines were not fragrance free and I couldn't figure out how to not add it and use my own fragrance free soap.

If a top load, you could reach in and "capture" the soap as it was being added?

If a top load, you could reach in and "capture" the soap as it was being added?

Nope. Once the washing machine door is closed, that's it until the cycle is done. It's a front door machine not a top loader.

I took pictures of the washing machines on the Sky and h2otstr posted them for me while I was on the cruise and the question came up. I do believe you could choose water temp but the soap you had to load from the dispenser on the wall. If you do a search I bet you will find my pics.