Edge Reveal Comments 2/28/18

Andy

I did not realize that Luminae was to be located on Deck 12 forward as that seems like a very odd location for a restaurant IMO. It would certain make it very difficult to order something prepared by the MDR Chefs.

I suspect it is up there since they appear to be going for the whole ship within a ship concept like NCL and MSC. It is right by all the suites, the retreat and the suite lounge. It will be interesting.

I heard that the menu was changing in Luminae, but I still am concerned if one is unable to order from the MDR or at least some simple chicken, veggies and potatoes. Booking a suite would not be worth it to my DH in the future, not to mention on our 15 day TA. It would be wonderful to have some clarification on many things, but I won't hold my breath! However, I am sure that they could get him something, especially in Luminae. We book suites for the extra room, Michael's Club, tendering and many other things that are included, especially a variety of choices on food. To others this may sound strange, but when you have tummy issues, you do not want them on your vacation...

That is great to hear! I would have thought if nothing else they would be due for an update since it will have been several years since they were introduced. I think they would be able to offer simple meals at a diners request. I remember once a few years ago in Blu one of our friends didn't really care for anything on the menu that night. Our waiter said they would create something and the chef just made something on the fly. It ended up being one of his favorite meals of the cruise.

Additional Restaurants. This is what was mentioned. Probably with a fee. We'll have to wait for further details :

Fine Cuts Steakhouse

Raw on 5 (Seafood and Sushi)

Eden Restaurant

Rooftop Garden Grill

Dinner on the Edge (Magic Carpet)

Eden restaurant: wonder what the dress code is?

I wonder if that will be the case on Edge though? I mean on the current ships Lumaine is right next to the MDR and they are sharing a kitchen. One Edge the MDR's are on 3 and 4 in the aft of the ship and Lumaine is up on 12 in the forward part of the ship. I would think that would complicate things greatly. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it does make you wonder what they will do.

Like others we were also hoping they would revamp the Lumaine menus for Edge.

They could just prepare the entrees from the MDR menu in the Luminae kitchen. With the Luminae staff preparing it and it being a one-off not line-produced like the regular MDR it actually might be better quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They could just prepare the entrees from the MDR menu in the Luminae kitchen. With the Luminae staff preparing it and it being a one-off not line-produced like the regular MDR it actually might be better quality.

It might be better quality. Since they are designing the ship with the concept, the Luminae kitchen could be designed to handle making a wide variation of dinners.

The same limited menu would certainly not be well received. I would not think Celebrity would want to have even more people trying to dine in different dining rooms, just to try a certain dish.

Of course I am more than willing to wait and see as I am confident that Celebrity will make the experience very enjoyable.

Looking forward to see if we are able to book Dinner on the Magic Carpet prior to the cruise. We are lucky to be in Aqua suite and get to go to Blu so we may just dine in one of the specialty restaurant once.

They said in the dining announcement information that Magic Carpet dining can be reserved once you are onboard.