Alcohol Question - Best Straight Drink, Bar, and Mixed Drink

DLRM

Love the fireball comments! Our Princess cruise was dubbed the fireball cruise, as our traveling companions had never tried it before. They're already talking about having some this next trip. Thought about getting a bottle for the cabin, but might be too dangerous. I love that stuff!

Love the fireball comments! Our Princess cruise was dubbed the fireball cruise, as our traveling companions had never tried it before. They're already talking about having some this next trip. Thought about getting a bottle for the cabin, but might be too dangerous. I love that stuff!

Add it to a bottle of Angry Orchard Cider and you have a drink called Angry Balls. The cinnamon from the Fireball compliments the apple real well.

Add it to a bottle of Angry Orchard Cider and you have a drink called Angry Balls. The cinnamon from the Fireball compliments the apple real well.

DW and I drink these all the time; as a matter of fact we are about to pull our frosted mugs and the fireball out of the freezer and drink one now!! Angry Balls are the best!! [emoji1474][emoji41][emoji15][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My favorite is 151 and Coke. I can't remember if Carnival had it or not. It's a great way to get a buzz going quickly and cheaply.

Probably not since Bacardi 151 was discontinued in 2016.

This is NOT a Cheers question. The last Cheers thread had people who were slightly irked because there was ... another... Cheers thread. I actually learned a couple of things on that one that I hadn't on the "hundreds of thousands" before. There is a $20.00 glass of champagne (Heidsieck Rose Champagne) in the steakhouse. AND...the bar at the Steakhouse is open for everyone during Steakhouse hours but hardly anyone uses it.

So...this thread. What non-mixed drink, regardless of cost, is your favorite? What non-mixed drink would you recommend to someone who wants to experiment with different drinks. Have you made something (certain shake or... with a shot of ____) that was amazing and you want to share with everyone? And, where have you found the least-busy bar?

We did not do Cheers on our last cruise, but I like to experiment too. Some bars have samplers/tasters that give you several choices at a smaller size, but you cannot get them with the Cheers package since technically more than one drink. I got from both Alchemy and Red Frog Pub.

The Alchemy bar are mixed drinks, but I'll include it since they are higher end. This was a fun times special - I think you get to pick 4 martinis from a sheet (descriptions are given) and they are all poured at once. If I remember right, one of mine was pretty good, one was awful:o, and the others were ok but not great. We found the bartender to be a little off-putting so never returned for others. I think you can get the sampler anytime, but it was $1-2 off that day/time ~$19.

Red Frog Pub has a beer flight, white rum sampler, and dark rum sampler. I'm not a beer drinker, but enjoyed the white rum sampler (choice of 4 rums, 5 or 6 options to choose) ~$14. I'll try the dark next cruise ~$17.

I think the gift shops offer tastings too, but not sure of the price.

I recommend getting to know the Alchemy Bar bartenders. We spent a great amount of time there one cruise and by the end of the cruise they were making us the most incredible mixed drinks using all sorts of stuff that is not on the menu and stuff that is generally only ordered by the crew. I can't even remember everything we tried - but it was an amazing experience!