Confused about My Time Dining

The early dinner seemed too early and the late too late. When I contacted RCL about My Time dining they said that we would have to make daily reservations on the 800 number for a dinner time. Have you found this to be true?

It seems to be like a lot of trouble to do it daily if we don't want a lot of specialty restaurants. I was also told to contact my travel agent to make arrangements rather than through their site.

Any input would be appreciated.

The early dinner seemed too early and the late too late. When I contacted RCL about My Time dining they said that we would have to make daily reservations on the 800 number for a dinner time. Have you found this to be true?

It seems to be like a lot of trouble to do it daily if we don't want a lot of specialty restaurants. I was also told to contact my travel agent to make arrangements rather than through their site.

Any input would be appreciated.

Reservations are not mandatory for My Time, you can show up whenever you like.

That's why it's called "My Time" dining. They like for you to make reservations, but it's not required. If you KNOW you want to eat at a certain time, by all means, reserve it. If you are all "flibberty gibbit" and don't know what time you want to eat, show up and they will seat you at the next available table, just like in any restaurant. Once on the ship, if you want a certain time nightly, tell them to make it a "standing" reservation.

No need to be confused at all.

If we have a large group (9) I’m thinking we may be better off with early dining vs my time dining? We’ve never traveled with a large group. My thought with my time it may take a while each evening to put together a large table. Is my rational correct do you think?

My thought with my time it may take a while each evening to put together a large table. Is my rational correct do you think?

You can still do MTD but this is when you would have a reservation each evening. Like it takes a while to get a table for 9 ready in a land restaurant, so too at sea. I would reserve. :D

There are just two of us, but we would like to be able to join others if possible.

It is absolutely possible; just tell the host when you are at the podium. We enjoy dining with others too and have always been accommodated.

If we have a large group (9) I’m thinking we may be better off with early dining vs my time dining? We’ve never traveled with a large group. My thought with my time it may take a while each evening to put together a large table. Is my rational correct do you think?

Yes, you would be better off with fixed (traditional) early dining. However, everyone should know that they need to be on time if you do this.

There are just two of us, but we would like to be able to join others if possible. Also, like I said, the 5:00 seems too early and the 8 or 8:30 (I forget) seems kind of late.

We like MyTime because we can go when we want, although we normally make reservations. If you are in My Time then you can usually make reservations before the cruise or just by stopping in at the podium. This dining room is often the one used for lunch and dinner. If you want to eat between about 6 and 7 you might get a pager.

If you want to switch between fixed seating (same table/time/people) every night and My Time you do have to go through your TA. Or you can wait until onboard and talk to the dining people. If you booked directly you can switch online.