Lido Deck room L102 and L104 On Caribbean Princess or same class ship

StrikeEagle7

Love the these two rooms on the bow of the ship on the Lido Deck are available for a caribbean cruise in late September we are considering. But are these super bumpy? Noisy? Anyone with experience with these obstructed ocean view rooms let us know your thoughts. We like the proximity of the pool.

Edited by StrikeEagle7
Grammar error

I have stayed in L102 on one of the Grand Class ships from P&O, not sure if it was Azura or Ventura. L102 is by far the smallest cabin on the ship and typically people see this on the deck plan and do not book it. However having stayed in it the only part of the space you are missing is the corridor space which on all other cabins lead past the bathroom door to then exit your cabin. So you have lost dead space nothing else. The beds are arranged across the ship and your bathroom door can be opened while sitting on the bed. I found this proximity handy. The window looks out on the Forward Observation Deck which not many people know exist, so it's generally deserted. View is restricted by the deck being elevated in comparison to height of your cabin floor. They had mirror windows on P&O so you cannot see in during day but when it's dark you need curtains closed for privacy if you have the cabin light on.

It was a quiet cabin and right next to the emergency stairs, handy to nose about when they do the drill. Obviously a long way down to the station. I did not find it bumpy at all and it is ideal for Lido Pool access.

Regards John

Have stayed in L103 on the Emerald...Loved the room, the shape with extra space, enjoyed being so close to all pools etc. The only problem we experienced with the room, which was a HUGE PROBLEM, was the exercise equipment right above the room in the spa area...The rules say that equipment is not to be used until after 8am HOWEVER EVERY morning we awoke to the thump-thump sounds of the treadmills by 6am. Complaining didn't do anything for all 5 days. Would never book any of those rooms again just because of that fact.

We stayed in L104 on the Ruby last September and loved it. Great location. Never heard any noise from above. On Glacier Bay day, we went out on the small deck just outside these cabins, and that was wonderful. No crowds and great viewing. I'd book that cabin again any time.

I stayed in L204 on the Crown several years ago. Cabin was large, with plenty of space to move around. My traveling companion was next door and her cabin was MUCH smaller. Loved the location, and do not recall any noise issues.

I saw that the Carribean Princess does not have the same layout as the others in its class. So my research continues.

Are you sure of that? On cruisedeckplans.com, the layout of the CB on Lido forward looks the same as what we stayed in on the Ruby. The L104 cabin is the same large, odd shape on the CB as it is on the Ruby.

OP, like Sea Hag, I checked the deck plan for the Caribbean Princess's Lido Deck and agree that Cabins L103-104 looked just like the ones on the other Grand ships. We were in L102 on the Crown Princess for Xmas. Because we bought the cruise after final payment, the only Lido obstructed view cabin left was L102, the "little" one. We were pleasantly surprised with the cabin's layout and size, and will look for it when booking future cruises. We liked the big window. Never saw anyone on the deck in front of our cabin. It was not a bumpy ride and we did not feel the vibrations we felt while having dinner on the aft of the ship. Regarding noise, the cabins are right below the treadmills. The gym staff on the Crown was very good about enforcing the 8am-8pm schedule, so we never heard or felt anyone running on a treadmill above our heads outside those hours. Because the cabins are at the front end of the ship, no one who didn't have a cabin around there would walk by, so no noise from the hallway. The best part of L102 and its neighbors is the location: the pools, grill, ice cream and pizza, bars, and buffet are only steps away. Could not be more convenient.

• Like 2

L102 and L104 are the two ocean views left. Agree that L104 looks huge. And it looks like it is under the workout class area. L102 is the smaller one as noted. And it might be under the treadmills. There are 4 of us in 2 cabins and we just might give this a go........ it is two moms and we each have 2 special needs young men who get along great. We did a 10 day Mexico cruise on Ruby princess together and had a blast. Being by the pool as mentioned would be great. Plus they are both over 6 foot eating machines. So being by those places would also be great. Thanks to you all for your help.

OP, like Sea Hag, I checked the deck plan for the Caribbean Princess's Lido Deck and agree that Cabins L103-104 looked just like the ones on the other Grand ships. We were in L102 on the Crown Princess for Xmas. Because we bought the cruise after final payment, the only Lido obstructed view cabin left was L102, the "little" one. We were pleasantly surprised with the cabin's layout and size, and will look for it when booking future cruises. We liked the big window. Never saw anyone on the deck in front of our cabin. It was not a bumpy ride and we did not feel the vibrations we felt while having dinner on the aft of the ship. Regarding noise, the cabins are right below the treadmills. The gym staff on the Crown was very good about enforcing the 8am-8pm schedule, so we never heard or felt anyone running on a treadmill above our heads outside those hours. Because the cabins are at the front end of the ship, no one who didn't have a cabin around there would walk by, so no noise from the hallway. The best part of L102 and its neighbors is the location: the pools, grill, ice cream and pizza, bars, and buffet are only steps away. Could not be more convenient.

I agree with all stated and if we'd experienced a staff who enforced the 8am start time on the treadmills we'd been sooooooooo happy with L103...it really is a wonderful location!!

OP, we wish you a fantastic cruise! In addition to the pools on the Aloha Deck, there's the one for adults one deck up. Most people, whether in the Sanctuary or the "regular" area would use the sun loungers but not the pool. Something to consider perhaps.

L102 and L104 are the two ocean views left. Agree that L104 looks huge. And it looks like it is under the workout class area. L102 is the smaller one as noted. And it might be under the treadmills. There are 4 of us in 2 cabins and we just might give this a go........ it is two moms and we each have 2 special needs young men who get along great. We did a 10 day Mexico cruise on Ruby princess together and had a blast. Being by the pool as mentioned would be great. Plus they are both over 6 foot eating machines. So being by those places would also be great. Thanks to you all for your help.[/quote

All of the cabins in the front of Lido deck (L101, L102, L103, L104 and the 2 suites on either side of L104 and L103 are DIRECTLY below the treadmills...on our cruise all of us in those front cabins complained daily to both the spa and then to Passengers services...nothing was done...OH, and when we went up to the spa/exercise area at 6:30ish am to complain...we found people on the treadmills directly above L101, 102, 103, 104 but SIGNS on the treadmills above the 2 suites that stated no use till 8am...I was livid!!! So if you're not a morning person I wouldn't book it...but if you're up and outta there very early then yes L103 and L104 are great cabins!