Half Moon Cay Question

Please note

• Due to state laws, we cannot sell CHEERS! until the second day of the cruise (starting at 6:00am) for voyages departing from our Texas and New York home ports.
  • Program only applicable for onboard purchases.
  • CHEERS! is not offered on 2 day cruises, charter cruises, on ships sailing from Australia (Carnival Spirit and Carnival Legend) and beverage purchases made at Half Moon Cay and Princess Cays in The Bahamas.

the drinks at h.m.c. also cost more.something to do with bahama taxes.also watch out for being charged double on the drinks.we had 2 drinks added to our bill.went to g.s.and had it removed.

IIRC, there are a few local vendors at HMC that will only accept cash. I remember because my lovely GF forgot her sunglasses on the ship and I was able to purchase her a new pair on HMC from the local vendors. (paid cash. $15.00 to be exact. They were her favorite glasses until she broke them in a car accident).

Carnival Cruise lines doesn't own HMC or Princess Cay. Holland America, Princess and Carnival Cruise Lines are subsidiarys of Carnival Corp. When Holland sails to HMC or Princess sails to Princess the drink packages apply. When Carnival sails to Half Moon Cay they pay Holland and the drink package doesn't apply.

There are vendors there that sell items, not drinks, and yes you do pay for them with cash. The bars took our sail and sign card, and we tipped cash. This was the sit down bar. Right before we left.

But if you want sun glasses, shirts, bags, etc, you are buying directly from an individual and not the cruise line.

Please note

• Due to state laws, we cannot sell CHEERS! until the second day of the cruise (starting at 6:00am) for voyages departing from our Texas and New York home ports.
  • Program only applicable for onboard purchases.
  • CHEERS! is not offered on 2 day cruises, charter cruises, on ships sailing from Australia (Carnival Spirit and Carnival Legend) and beverage purchases made at Half Moon Cay and Princess Cays in The Bahamas.

Thanks, I was too dumb to look at the rules!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

the drinks at h.m.c. also cost more.something to do with bahama taxes.also watch out for being charged double on the drinks.we had 2 drinks added to our bill.went to g.s.and had it removed.

We also found the drinks at HMC were more expensive than the ship. As others have posted, CCL is probably the only cruise line not to offer Cheers, and normal drinks prices.

Bahama Taxes?? It appears that CCL may not be paying the taxes, thus the high price, and no cheers! This way they only pay for what is consumed?? More $$ for CCL.

This may be the issue IMHO ... :)

There are vendors there that sell items, not drinks, and yes you do pay for them with cash. The bars took our sail and sign card, and we tipped cash. This was the sit down bar. Right before we left.

But if you want sun glasses, shirts, bags, etc, you are buying directly from an individual and not the cruise line.

This is total BS! If they can take your S & S card and charge you drinks and whatever else at Half Moon, they can clearly use your Cheers program as well, but they want more $ out of us.

I say on the days Carnival visits Half Moon, everyone with a cheers program before heading to bed should max out their 15 drinks, give them to strangers or, maybe a little Boston Tea party and pour the drinks overboard!

Who s with me?

• 5 weeks later...

I say on the days Carnival visits Half Moon, everyone with a cheers program before heading to bed should max out their 15 drinks, give them to strangers or, maybe a little Boston Tea party and pour the drinks overboard!

Who s with me?

Alternatively you could pass on the drama queen bs and not book Carnival itins that visit HMC since you know in advance they don't take Cheers on visits to it. If however you want to give them a pile of your money, then pour what you paid for over the rail while they laugh at you... yeah you go for it. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Same here. We stopped at the bar to wait for the line to go down for tender back to ship. Ordered one round of drinks. Next day I checked S&S and they charged us twice.