Questions about OBC (or lack of)

sharandmike

We are probably going to book a Haven 2-BR suite on the Escape some time this summer. As of yesterday the NCL site doesn't seem to be showing OBC. Previously, every time I checked the price, we would have $300 Onboard spend, and that was without even logging in to MYNCL. Now it shows nothing, and even if I log in (we are bronze) there is no OBC offered there either. Two questions:

1. Will it come back?

2. Is it a good idea to book through a 3rd party travel site online (assuming I can find a reputable one), since they seem to offer OBC even when NCL doesn't? And, if anyone has gone this route just to get the OBC, was it worth it? My research has shown that the onboard credit that is offered through the travel sites is very generic, with nothing specific in writing (i.e. "up to $500", etc), or is offered as cash back after the cruise (don't like the sound of that), or just seems to plain disappear after you make the reservation (bait & switch?).

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. I had the $300 already spent;) but was waiting for 120 day mark to hopefully see a price drop.

I have booked my last 4 cruises from a big box warehouse (C****o) 3 being in the haven. Never had a problem with obc or getting cash card after the cruise.

Thank you - How do you book the Haven on that big box warehouse site? I tried but it only gave me staterooms that accommodate up to 4 people. Didn't show anything for the Haven even though there is a lot of availability.

Thank you - How do you book the Haven on that big box warehouse site? I tried but it only gave me staterooms that accommodate up to 4 people. Didn't show anything for the Haven even though there is a lot of availability.

You have to call them directly to book the Haven and they would call Ncl directly. Also final payment is due about 2 weeks earlier then Ncl final payment date.

You have to call them directly to book the Haven and they would call Ncl directly. Also final payment is due about 2 weeks earlier then Ncl final payment date.

Oh, ok thank you! I managed to hack my way through a mock reservation w/ 4 people and it let me select the Haven. (For some reason the system thinks the Haven 2BR only accommodates 4 ppl). As much as I would like OBC to spend on the cruise, the cash back gift card is quite generous!

There are several internet agencies I regularly use....and do price comparisons with. They always beat the cruiseline prices. Seem to offer much more OBC....I've booked all my cruises online through agencies since early 2000's

tried but it only gave me staterooms that accommodate up to 4 people.

Don't worry about the accommodations for 3-4-5-6-or more Cabins are always priced on double occupancy

that being -2- !

Just because the cabin can accommodate more than 2 does not mean that you have to find more occupants.

When you are using the NCL website the fare you see is to be doubled -

add the taxes port charges and any goofy gratuities added to the Beverage Dining packages and that is it.

If you have more guests in that cabin start dividing that doubled fare by that number and add the taxes and

port charges per person.

Now about the Haven booking with the Big Box store - the Big Box stores generally cater to the economy

least expensive cabins - insides port holes Ocean view and balconies. Havens Gardens and Suites are

not the usual run of the mill bookings - I can't answer how that is handled - but if these Big Box stores can

book the cheap cabins they must also have a way to book the high end stuff. ASK THE QUESTION !

If they don't then you will have to call NCL and do it yourself. But I don't think that will be necessary as

the Big Box stores must be selling cabin space on cruise lines getting some commission or cut of the action !

If the Big Box stores have a website to check cabin space inventory use that in search of the cabin you want.

Otherwise go to NCL and see what is available and tell the Big Box kiosk people you want THAT CABIN !

It must or would be the same if using a travel agent - find locate the cabin you would like and book it either

directly with Big Box the TA or NCL.

My California cousins book all the time with the Big Box people and have had no problems and the best of

rates and customer satisfaction.

I book with a TA that has provided me with excellent service and the perks bonus of Miles on my airline account.

Check out your options and use any and all of them to get what you want.

If you book thru a TA or Big Box store NCL will request that all changes to the cruise be taken care of by that

agent initiating the cruise contract. No problem it the fare price drops before the final payment date have them

take care of the details - only cavet is the promos perks and OBC maybe removed added or changed.

There are several internet agencies I regularly use....and do price comparisons with. They always beat the cruiseline prices. Seem to offer much more OBC....I've booked all my cruises online through agencies since early 2000's

Thank you jcpagejr. Are you allowed to recommend any here?:confused:

Can you tell me those agencies???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums