Port Canaveral Question

Where is our "Resident" authority John when he is needed? Must be walking Bella. If you just want a beach, Jetty Park is very convenient. When we lived in Orlando area we used to fish in the port area (before they built the terminals) when their main ship "Big Red Boat" was at sea.

Even though they are touristy we enjoy the restaurants in the Port area. Enjoy your time in FL.

Thank You! :D

Is Sea World not worth going to? Was thinking of doing that with the kids.

Going to Sea World during a port stop? I would not recommend that, at all. Unless you think it will be your only opportunity to ever visit. Depending on traffic, the theme parks can be 1.5 hours or more from the port. Taking the drive time into consideration, the size of the parks, and just the time it takes to get in and get out, it will be a very brief trip. And considering how much money you're paying for the ticket...not worth it. The theme parks should be a completely separate vacation.

Going to Sea World during a port stop? I would not recommend that, at all. Unless you think it will be your only opportunity to ever visit. Depending on traffic, the theme parks can be 1.5 hours or more from the port. Taking the drive time into consideration, the size of the parks, and just the time it takes to get in and get out, it will be a very brief trip. And considering how much money you're paying for the ticket...not worth it. The theme parks should be a completely separate vacation.

Didn't realize was so far away. Thought was less than an hour. We have season passes to Sesame Place, so ticket price would not be an issue.

Edited by DeeDee316

Didn't realize was so far away. Thought wad less than an hour. We have season passes to Sesame Place, so ticket price would not be an issue.

Can be less than an hour depending on traffic, but getting parked, getting into park, getting rental if needed, etc. probably pushes it up a little. If you have passes then I'd certainly go.

Didn't realize was so far away. Thought was less than an hour. We have season passes to Sesame Place, so ticket price would not be an issue.

You’re commute would be 45 minutes, 1 hour tops to SeaWorld since it is right off the Beach Line expressway which goes straight to Port Canaveral. If you Use any type of car service, you’ll be fine. Renting, parking, walking etc will eat up at least 60, if not 90, minutes of you day.

Is Sea World not worth going to? Was thinking of doing that with the kids.

I commute the route everyday....typically you can make the drive in 1 hour or less especially on a weekend. SeaWorld is super easy to get to and right off of 528 (International Drive exit) which is the road you take out of the port. Parking.....tell you a secret, you can park for free right across the street from the main entrance off of Sea Harbor Drive on the weekends, walk 400 yards and you are standing at the gate. The outside parking lot is completely empty for the Wyndham building and there is no issue parking there. Not sure how long your ship will be in port but out of all the parks, SeaWorld, from the Port, is the most convenient of them all. Period.

I grew up in that area and currently live in Orlando. Personally, I wouldn't even recommend getting off the ship. You won't be missing much, unless the space center is of interest to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seriously? We need to make sure you are never in charge of tourism. What may be old hat to you, is a fun filled day for vacation travelers. Just to name a few.....tons of great nearby dining opportunities, beaches, piers, charter fishing,

fun beach shopping,

or if you want a higher level of shopping there is the Merritt Island Mall and the Avenues in nearby Viera or the Brevard zoo which is awesome. Skyzone which is 20 minutes away. Melbourne has dog racing, off track betting, Andretti fun park. Fact is ....We have a lot to offer...and it keeps growing everyday.