Port Canaveral Question

I know there is not many choices of excursions (not that I am a big fan of anyway) for the Port Canaveral stop that RC is offering ....so does anyone know of a resort nearby where we can get a day pass and use their facilities? I have researched, and called lots of resorts/hotels in that area, with no luck!

Another question...if we do decide to go to Cocoa Beach, how much is a cab to get there verses the 20 dollar PP rate that Royal Caribbean is charging for their shuttle to get there? I think that 20 dollar PP is high priced!

The last time I went to Cocoa Beach it was packed, and I had to pay to rent a beach chair...so trying to find other options for that stop at Port Canaveral.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Edited by loving2cruise
Typo

I know there is not many choices of excursions (not that I am a big fan of anyway) for the Port Canaveral stop that RC is offering ....so does anyone know of a resort nearby where we can get a day pass and use their facilities? I have researched, and called lots of resorts/hotels in that area, with no luck!

Another question...if we do decide to go to Cocoa Beach, how much is a cab to get there verses the 20 dollar PP rate that Royal Caribbean is charging for their shuttle to get there? I think that 20 dollar PP is high priced!

The last time I went to Cocoa Beach it was packed, and I had to pay to rent a beach chair...so trying to find other options for that stop at Port Canaveral.

You may get more ideas from the Florida Departures forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

If you just want a beach....take a cab/uber to nearby Jetty Park. They have facilities and a snack bar/ restaurant there. If you want shopping...you have the Ron Jon area in Cocoa beach or the Merritt Island Mall. I live nearby so let me know specifically what your interests are and I can help narrow down the choices.

If you just want a beach....take a cab/uber to nearby Jetty Park. They have facilities and a snack bar/ restaurant there. If you want shopping...you have the Ron Jon area in Cocoa beach or the Merritt Island Mall. I live nearby so let me know specifically what your interests are and I can help narrow down the choices.

Thank you so much for your response

We all love the beach..but not Cocoa. Sounds exactly what we are looking for. How far away is Jetty Park?

Are there any other fun things to do in that area?

I will relay all the info to my friends who I am traveling with.

Thanks again! :D

I noticed that the $20pp fee just went up from $15 too!! I'd rather take an Uber, most likely a LOT less expensive..

Wow, I have noticed there prices are always changing for everything they offer too (packages and excursions).

Thanks

We all love the beach..but not Cocoa. Sounds exactly what we are looking for. How far away is Jetty Park?

Jetty Park is close to Terminal 1, maybe a bit more than a mile.

You may get more ideas from the Florida Departures forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Thank you for that great link. It was very informative, so now I found what I think my friends may like.

I would like to share this link that helped me out a lot, from your link.

http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/port-canaveral-beaches/

I grew up in that area and currently live in Orlando. Personally, I wouldn't even recommend getting off the ship. You won't be missing much, unless the space center is of interest to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would love the space center. I haven't

been there since I was a kid, lol.

But, since the majority of us love the beach...and from everyone tips here, posting different links of info.....I think I have found a good spot. Thank you. :D

When you say that you love the beach but not Cocoa, be aware that Jetty Park is really just a part of the same beach.

I read it is much less crowded. Maybe not for long though after everyone reads this, haha!

I'm not really sure that that's true, at least the times we've been there! I just didn't want you to get the impression that it's some private secluded beach, because it's not. Probably its biggest advantage is the snack bar and restrooms.

I'm not really sure that that's true, at least the times we've been there! I just didn't want you to get the impression that it's some private secluded beach, because it's not. Probably its biggest advantage is the snack bar and restrooms.

Yes, that was a big plus....the restrooms and snack bar.

....so maybe we better catch a taxi, unless they are all up for the walk. With all the food we will be eating on the cruise, we are better off walking it off though, lol. :')

Or Uber.:)

Where is our "Resident" authority John when he is needed? Must be walking Bella. If you just want a beach, Jetty Park is very convenient. When we lived in Orlando area we used to fish in the port area (before they built the terminals) when their main ship "Big Red Boat" was at sea.

Even though they are touristy we enjoy the restaurants in the Port area. Enjoy your time in FL.

The beach at Jetty Park can be crowded on the weekend but typically through the week it is not, unless there is a rocket launch!:D

Sherri:)

Thank you, I just checked, we will be there on a Sunday....yikes! :cool: I hope it's

not jam-packed.