excursion bus drop off location in Rome ?

alwylie

I would appreciate it if someone can give me the drop off point location in Rome by an excursion bus not taking us for a tour but just a transfer to get there from port.

I am trying to plan where we will visit in Rome and it is tough to do when you don't know where you start off from.

We will be with Royal Caribbean in April. Thanks in advance.

I would ask this on the Royal Caribbean forum here where someone may be able to help you from past experience. Not all of the cruise lines use the same drop-off location. Some drop off near the Vatican, others at a point not too far from the Spanish steps, and still others near Piazza Venezia.

I would appreciate it if someone can give me the drop off point location in Rome by an excursion bus not taking us for a tour but just a transfer to get there from port.

I am trying to plan where we will visit in Rome and it is tough to do when you don't know where you start off from.

We will be with Royal Caribbean in April. Thanks in advance.

It is actually easy. My DH and I had been to Rome a numbrEER of times before we we sailed with friends who had never been to rome. DH AND I planned a full day to show them as much as we had t ime for. We rode HAL's excursion b us to rome for trnasportation from Civi.., when we were dropped ofr ( I think it was Via del Corso, near S panish Steps. We were six people so grabbed two t axis when we were droppede off. We went to St. Peter's Piazza Navona, Spanish Steps, Trevi and 'ride by viewws of Colllesum, Roman Forum, , a few minutes in Gucc( on via Condotti) for the ladies ( they insisted), A wonderful Trattoria lunch,, w e got tAXIS AGAIN TO TAKE US back TO Bus PICK UP SPOT WHEN IT WAS TIME. Worked our perffectly.

Plan what you Want to see and where the Drop off sport will be fine. Seeing there were six oF us, we had to pCik and choose a few places to see as everyone had a 'list. t here simply was not enough time. At gthe end of the day, we all agreed it had been wonderful. I WAS adamant they had to see St. Peter's Square and tour St. peter's. They were very HA ppy i HAD BEEN SO FIRM

Edited by sail7seas

As fa ulous as the Vatican museum is, there is hardly enough time to peek at one or two room.s when you'll only be in Rome for the afternoon and have to meet the bus to return to the ship. One needs weeks, months to begin to see hardly any of it.