How difficult is it ......

parttimr

We have done a b2b before and was looking to do it again in 2020 on the Magic but nothing available after the first leg going out on our return day. For some reason the Magic doesn't go out again until the 15th and we get back the 9th. There is a cruise out of Miami on the Conquest which we really like which would be the first part of two weeks. Was wondering how difficult it s to get from port of Miami to port of Ft Lauderdale. I'm sure it's done all the time but curious of the time it takes for the most part and easiest transportation. Thanks in advance for any info.

call Carnival, it's difficult to follow what you are saying. Conquest sails out of FLL. The Magic has 7 cruises out of Port Canaveral. When you do find your B2B get the same cabin, very important and convenient

So you want to do 2 separate cruises, first out of Miami then travel to Ft Lauderdale? If so, its very easy to do. SAS does a lot of transportation from Ft Laud to Mia. You can call them for the particulars

We have done a b2b before and was looking to do it again in 2020 on the Magic but nothing available after the first leg going out on our return day. For some reason the Magic doesn't go out again until the 15th and we get back the 9th. There is a cruise out of Miami on the Conquest which we really like which would be the first part of two weeks. Was wondering how difficult it s to get from port of Miami to port of Ft Lauderdale. I'm sure it's done all the time but curious of the time it takes for the most part and easiest transportation. Thanks in advance for any info.
Sorry I can not answer your question but wanted you to know that I understand what you are asking. You can google the distance and it will give you the driving time.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

So.... you are simply looking for two separate cruises that will run for two weeks? B2B would be on the same ship for two straight cruises.

If you are cruising out of Miami for the first week, you may want to check into bus service from the Port of Miami to the Fort Lauderdale airport. That may be the cheapest route to consider. The port of Fort Lauderdale share the same parking with the Fort Lauderdale airport. You should be able to get a quick shuttle from the airport to the cruise port. They are next door to each other.

I figured the way I worded it folks would be confused. Magic leaves on Feb 1st and returns to Ft Lauderdale on the 9th and doesn't show going out again until the 15th so b2b not possible. Thinking it may be booked for special cruise. So since we live in North Dakota and air fare is crazy we thought we would do another cruise the week before out of Miami on Conquest that leaves on Jan 25 and returns on Feb 1st. So that's why the question on transportation. Seems it would be easy to do and plenty of time. Thanks for the quick responses.

So.... you are simply looking for two separate cruises that will run for two weeks? B2B would be on the same ship for two straight cruises.

If you are cruising out of Miami for the first week, you may want to check into bus service from the Port of Miami to the Fort Lauderdale airport. That may be the cheapest route to consider. The port of Fort Lauderdale share the same parking with the Fort Lauderdale airport. You should be able to get a quick shuttle from the airport to the cruise port. They are next door to each other.

B2B would be any 2 ships. Doesn't have to be the same ship to be called B2B.:)

Bill

my understanding is a B2B is the same ship, a S2S is 2 different ships. Debarkation is the worst part of the cruise, why do it twice.

What Bill is saying is that there doesn't seem to be places other than Cruise Critic where the phrase "side to side cruises" is used. A Google search yields no results.

As to the original poster's question, we have gotten off 1 ship and boarded a different vessel numerous times. Sometimes in the same port, once we debarked in Port Canaveral and reboarded in Miami, and once we exited in Tampa and reboarded in Miami. That one made the wife nervous, but it went off without a hitch.

Edited by NavarreCruiser

Search for an 8 day and a 6 day same ship. Usually do different islands for each leg.

For example. The Horizon has a 6 day ( Mar 1) that goes to Ocho Rios, Grand Caymen and Cozumel.

The 8 day (Mar 7) goes to Grand Turk, LaRomana, Curacau and Aruba.

Edited by HawkIVette