Visa and Laundry Questions

rabin1

How are Visas handled on board? Meaning this do you have to go have the passport stamped if so when and where? Do they just pass them out if so when and where? Is the cost put on your account and paid at the end of the cruise or when? I know it is assuming a visa is needed.

Laundry can it be paid with OBC? I know I get a free bag a week but I will be in Dubai 4 days before boarding and may need a few things washed. Do they fold things, fade things, press or just put in a box & delivered back to the stateroom? Don't want to do myself.

Thank You

Kathy

Laundry yes you can use OBC. It comes back washed pressed where appropriate and hung in your wardrobe or in a tissue wrapped package on your bed. No problem there.

Passports you cannot determine what will happen in advance particularly where your cruise is concerned spare a thought for the Documentation Officer who has to deal with changing whims of local officials even after the processes have been agreed in advance

but Azamara will tell you exactly what to do where and when to be present- they do it Deck by Deck where face to face is needed to avoid crowds. Letters are issued to cabins or PA announcements made if things change.

Be prepared they are very likely to ask you to hand over your passport on embarkation and may not return it until towards the end of the cruise so they can centrally handle the processes. They deliver a photocopy to your cabin if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by uktog

I have to be honest, laundry is the last thing I want to do when on vacation. I get one free bag, I will send that out and if I really need clean clothes I will either pay for another bag or buy more!

I have to be honest, laundry is the last thing I want to do when on vacation. I get one free bag, I will send that out and if I really need clean clothes I will either pay for another bag or buy more!

I agree with you which is why in my OP I stated I did not want to do myself............lol

Kathy

• 3 weeks later...

I showed up once at opening time to find all the machines full and operating. I would recommend getting there a few minutes early.

For air drying clothes I purchased a line like this. I strung it across the window/veranda area using the curtain tie hooks as my anchors.

https://www.amazon.com/EVERSPORT-Clothesline-Portable-Adjustable-Windproof/dp/B01E3OI3FM/ref=zg_bs_695487011_12/144-0918551-2157116?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=APRAKRJ5ZYJPV9BM1GV6