Allure cutting cruise short?

As reported by Dixie1113 in the Labadee thread.

On the allure now and I just woke up. I don’t think we’re headed to st Thomas. The map on the stateroom tv says we’re going back to Fort Lauderdale. Not sure what’s going on.

It does look like, according to Marinetraffic.com that she is headed back to Port Everglades. Didn't see any other posts.

I am surprised that captain hasn't made an announcement. Have you asked at guest services?

I have been caught in the odd Caribbean storm in my time. Captain has always been able to change course to avoid the worst part of the storm even if it means more days at sea and missing ports. Perhaps this is what they have in mind here.

If Marine traffic .com is correct she has almost intercepted her course that she came out of Port Everglades on. Seems odd not to skip Nassau and go to her next port if it was only Nassau they were going to skip.

I' use to watch the old Club Orient webcam and you could see wind and waves there this time of year. Too bad PTZV doesn't have webcams at St Thomas, that entrance should be more sheltered and wide, but what do I know? There are no cruise ships at St Martin today.

The same onboard cruiser reported they are still heading to St Thomas, but its odd that the marinetraffic.com update matched what their GPS channel said on board. Maybe it isn't that unusual, and this was a non-story.

This is very interesting! The weather seems crazy and hopefully the waves and wind calm down a little soon. How is it onboard Allure today (for anyone there?). Just wondering if it's rocking & rolling. Love the updates from onboard!

Whatever you're doing today, enjoy your day :)

Amanda

May just be doubling back to swing to a more leeward course. Currently, the marine forecast for Charlotte Amelie is showing fairly high winds out of the north gusting up to 19 knots. Ships like the Allure are giant wind breaks and can be tough to handle in those conditions.

Windy and only 70 but currently no really noticeable motion. Lounge chairs full just using towels sometimes as blanket. Now this morning was on the walking track when we approached Nassau, definitely hard to stay in one lane and when coming around the aft could see large pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not rolling at all now. In fact, it has been a sunny, but cool day. I heard the same, San Juan, St. Thomas, and then Nassau on last day. I am trying to call guest services but the lines are full. Will post an update as soon as I hear anything. Kinda disappointing to miss St. Marteen but safety comes first. The map shows we are heading almost the same way we took off from Port Everglades but don’t know about that.