Additional Fees for a Balcony

Wngsfan

If we bid for an opportunity to upgrade from an inside room to a balcony on the Escape, what additional fees should I consider? Will our daily service fees go up even though they have been prepaid? Does a balcony room have additional staff looking after us that we have to tip, and if so, how much? Or does that only apply to Haven guests?

If we bid for an opportunity to upgrade from an inside room to a balcony on the Escape, what additional fees should I consider? Will our daily service fees go up even though they have been prepaid? Does a balcony room have additional staff looking after us that we have to tip, and if so, how much? Or does that only apply to Haven guests?

No change in daily service charge. No additional people looking out after you.

IF you purchased the cruise line insurance, the price of the insurance will go up based on the cost of the balcony cabin.

Enjoy your balcony (assuming that you win the bid)!

According to #18 in the terms and conditions, there will be some extra tax. On my last cruise I met a couple who upgraded to an aft suite for $600, and they tell me they paid nearly $100 tax on that $600 bid.

Depending on the product and destination being visited, a General Excise Tax may be applicable to the upgrade charges, if the upgrade is awarded. Taxes for applicable sailings will be charged automatically once the payment for the upgrade is taken.