South Australia Discovery and Melanesia Collectors' Voyage Cruise

Wansbrough

In 2015/16 we had our eyes on a circumnavigation of Australia on Celebrity Solstice but when we eventually found a window of opportunity to go Celebrity stopped doing that itinerary. So with that region still in our minds we eventually did 3 B2B’s, Auckland to Sydney, Sydney to Sydney via Fiji, then Sydney to Sydney up the East coast to Port Douglas and back. We had a fabulous time and have a real desire to go back to Australia to see more of the island along with revisiting some of the ports again.

Celebrity aren’t really doing anything different itinerary wise that grabbed our attention so we have extended our search and found a Noordam cruise which ticks lots of boxes. It’s a 30 night cruise which visits a lot more of the southern ports then goes back up the east coast to Papa New Guinea before returning to Sydney. It looks like its two cruises B2B but sold as a single itinerary and appears to be a one off cruise and this is where we have hit a glitch as it doesn’t fit in with our calendar as we already have things booked. The date for this cruise is 22 November 2018.

Can anyone tell me if this cruise is something that occurs every year or is it a one off itinerary never to be repeated? I have checked back through the roll calls but can’t see one for 2017, I’m not certain but I believe the Maasdam was doing the region back then.

Ideally we would like to go for it in 2019 or early 2020 but there is nothing showing past September 2019 at the moment so we were wondering when the itinerary’s after that will be released?

Any help would be appreciated. :D

This seems to be a new itinerary to me.

I have been doing the Bon Voyage and Future Cruise Listing threads for some time now and don't recall this itinerary showing up in the recent past years.

Whether it will be repeated is hard to say. New itineraries often are especially if they sell well.

Some cruise itineraries are only done every other year.

Have a look at Princess as well.

Thanks for the suggestion, I see that Sea Princess is doing the Round Australia twice early 2019 which would be great but I'm not too keen on the ship plus its still just a wee bit early still for us. It doesn't make much difference anyway as according to Princess website both sail dates in March 19 are sold out.

I think we'll have to just keep an eye out for the next batch of itineraries to be revealed.