Just in Freeport

Giantfan13

We just visited Freeport about a week ago. We had been there before when we did a Segway tour which was very good. We are NOT beach people, so anyone looking for a beach report, I cannot help.

We got off the ship with nothing planned. We never do ship's excursions, so when we got off, we were just going to take a taxi to the Marketplace and spend a few hours. There were several vendors selling tours of the island for about $35 dollars a person, 3 1/2 hour tour. It sounded reasonable and a group of 8 of us did this tour.

Now this is just MY opinion, but overall, the tour was a waste. There is really nothing of real interest to see on Freeport, unless you do want to beach. We had a great guide who showed us all over, but overall it wasn't very exciting. I am an amateur photographer and never took more than 2-3 pix. We were taken to the Marketplace where we had an hour to shop or just browse around, but just the same stuff you see all over the Caribbean.

I guess $70 for about 4 1/2 hours (that's what it really took) wasn't a 'bad' deal, but again, overall Freeport isn't the most exciting place if you don't do beach or water things.

Cheers

Len

Hi Len,

We were in Freeport in December and went to the Garden of the Groves. Was a relaxing way to spend the day. Certainly took more than 2 -3 pictures.

enhance

enhance

That wasn't on our tour agenda. If it isn't a beach, I'll definitely try to check it out next time we visit.

Cheers

Len