Specific Cheers Question - Two rooms, one with a 21 year old

pit NJ

Our family of four are booked on the Horizon in August, my wife and I, along with our 17 and 21 year olds. Due to family size and age we opted for two rooms. Carnival policy mandates that one person in a room must be 25 years old. Therefore, we had to book my wife and the 21year old in one room and myself and the 17 year old in the other. If my wife and I want to purchase the Cheers package, will I be forced to purchase one for the 21 year old who does not drink?

If one person over 21 in the room gets, everyone in that room must get it. So you could get it just fine, but if your wife gets it, your daughter has to as well.

I do not have kids, but I think that there is wiggle room with room assignments based on how many doors away they are from you. I know a lot of people who booked rooms next door to their kids or across the halls with no issues.

With a 21 year old, I don't think it matters how far away they are. I would try to change room assignments so it's you and your wife in one room and your kids in another. That makes it easy to buy Cheers for the two parents. If you leave it like it is now, yes, you will have to buy the package for 3 people.

Depending on how you booked you can switch the kids to one room. They don't have to have one of you in the room if your reservations are linked.

Carnivals policy: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2544/~/minor-guest-policy

Where minor guests can be booked in relation to relative or guardian:

• Guests 12 and younger
    If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
  • Guests 13 - 17 years of age
    Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
  • Guests 18 – 20 years of age
    Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

Interesting that you said someone older than 25 needed to be in the room because during two of our cruises my older two sons had their own room and it was booked under the oldest name. He was 15 and 17 at the time. We book with a PVP so I’m not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If one person over 21 in the room gets, everyone in that room must get it. So you could get it just fine, but if your wife gets it, your daughter has to as well.

I do not have kids, but I think that there is wiggle room with room assignments based on how many doors away they are from you. I know a lot of people who booked rooms next door to their kids or across the halls with no issues.

The OP did not post son or daughter

You complicated this by splitting everyone up. It is unnecessary.

Those posted rules only address "kids " up to 20 years old. Carnival still makes me put an "adult" in my kids room even though they are always next door and now 23, 19, and 18 years old. I can't even book our reservations online, when you get to the " age of occupants " sections it makes me call the 1-800 number. This last time the agent said it was because the youngest was only 18 and had to have someone over 25 in his room. The last cruise I took them on was this past January. There is currently another thread with this same topic.

Princess Ariel, your post prompted me to question / contact Customer Service because coincidently our room were 3 cabins apart. And... you were correct. The issue is that the 17 year old is a minor and must be in a room with someone 25 or older or parent / guardian 3 cabins away. So problem resolved. Only thing left is for the TA to make the corrections to the reservations. Thank you all for your help and happy cruising!