Dining Questions

1) MTD: I just booked MTD reservations for a particular time. Will they honor the reservation time? I’m seeing conflicting information.

2) Ultimate Dining Package: Is the package always available for purchase, and if so where, or does the offer show up randomly like sales?

Thank you!

Yes, they will do what they can to honor your time, but you may or may not still have to wait.

Ultimate dining package would be in your Cruise Planner on Royal's website if it is available on your cruise.

Thank you. Does the dining package offer come and go? I try to check the cruise planner regularly, but I don’t always get a chance.

The various packages can come and go. The prices of the packages vary also.

With a reservation, you will have little to no wait. Maybe 5 minutes max.

Without a reservation, it will depend on the time and the ship. The mega ships may have a good bit of a wait. On the smaller ships, I have had little to no wait without a reservation.

With a reservation, you will have little to no wait. Maybe 5 minutes max.

Without a reservation, it will depend on the time and the ship. The mega ships may have a good bit of a wait. On the smaller ships, I have had little to no wait without a reservation.

We rarely make reservations, to us that is the entire point of MTD, we eat when we feel like it. Hardly ever do we wait. the line for reservations is normally as long as the MTD line. Max we ever wait is maybe 10 minutes. Have done MTD since it first came out and will never do traditional dining again. I look to see what time the show is each day and then we plan dinner around that. Works great!

Reservations means you should have no or limited wait times...depending when you want to eat. If you're trying to eat around 7pm, there may be a wait, even with a reservation, as the earlier diners might linger....just to piss you off! (lol..just kidding)....you can't force someone to leave their table.

And, it will depend on the ship...larger ships have different statistics for wait times, than the smaller ships.