Dining Room and Ordering Steak Question

arpie05

I'm cruising solo, and while i don't mind eating at the buffet, deli or other places, I can't see eating at the steak house alone. So unless I find people to spend time with, I'm going to miss out on a great dinner apparently

I'm cruising solo, and while i don't mind eating at the buffet, deli or other places, I can't see eating at the steak house alone. So unless I find people to spend time with, I'm going to miss out on a great dinner apparently

Solo in the steakhouse is great. You can strike up conversations with the wait staff and the host/hostess and they make you feel right at home. You can also move the meal along at your pace so it won't take the 2 plus hours it may last if you were with a group of people. You should definitely go and enjoy the steakhouse.:cool:

Solo in the steakhouse is great. You can strike up conversations with the wait staff and the host/hostess and they make you feel right at home. You can also move the meal along at your pace so it won't take the 2 plus hours it may last if you were with a group of people. You should definitely go and enjoy the steakhouse.:cool:

Thanks for the supportive comments. Cruising solo has its benefits and a few detriments.

I disagree. The steakhouse menu steak ordered in the MDR is the same as the steakhouse steak ordered in Nick and Noras. Same piece of meat from same kitchen, same chef, It's $20 instead of $35 because you don't get the other steakhouse benefits, but still good value.

As to the OP question: another benefit of the steakhouse is seafood - always some lobster and fish options that are not on the MDR.

Further steakhouse benefit is that it is a smaller, nice quiet, intimate environment with a higher staff to customer ratio. Well worth it for a special occasion.

We were on the Miracle and ordered the steakhouse selections. We were told by our waiter that the steaks were cooked in the MDR kitchen by a special chef and that was his only job to cook the steakhouse selections fresh. We were told it would take a little longer to get our dinners. All 4 steaks were just as good as the steakhouse. We had eaten at the steakhouse on the first night of the cruise.

We ate at the steakhouse on night one last week and it was very nice. We tried to go back again but it was booked up so we just ordered it in the main dining room. Just talking about the the steak here... not atmosphere and all the other stuff but the $20 9oz FM in the main dining room was as good or even a more perfect med rare than in the steakhouse. Both were very good. BTW... the Pinnacle Steak House on the Splendor calls their bone in ribeye a cowboy steak. Or so they told me.

my wife doesn't eat meat at all and loves the Steakhouse, Caesar salad, Crab Cake, Lobster Bisque and the Sea Bass. She is in heaven, loves the food and service.

Do they always have Sea Bass or is that a special? We are sailing on the Liberty in May and one of the ladie's I am sailing with absolutely LOVES Sea Bass. It's not listed on the sample menu.

Since returning from our trip on the Sunshine, we did enjoy Fahrenheit 555 for a celebration steak dinner. Whether it is the same as the dining room, I couldn't say. My only reason for the Steakhouse is to enjoy the ambiance of their dining. The MDR hub bub is missing....along with the excess noise of the MDR. To me, this is worth the evening's enjoyment. We savored over our Cowboy Rib Eye and the Filet Mignon was fork tender. Worth every moment. AF1QipNJNb3Y-2TeO8Fk7qAO4MHwhqGWr-2Ymu4uhJwxAF1QipOvCPV6BqE11qb8iC4Xc5gfKv6Op0U-jK0N8Nb4

The steaks offered in the MDR are limited. They do not include the 18 oz spice rubbed ribeye. That steak is amazing. I have tried the NY strip in the MDR from the steakhouse menu. While the NY strip was far better than the flat iron steak you get for free in the MDR, it is no where close to the ribeye. Go to the steakhouse, plus the horseradish mashed potatoes are delicious.

The ribeye is to die for. OTOH, in the MDR, it is all you can eat appetizers, salads, desserts, etc. If they had taken the ribeye off of the new steak house menu, I might give the edge to the MDR + steak house selection.