Single Then Double

TPCRUISER2

My sisters just did this without a problem on our upcoming cruise with Celebrity. First sister booked solo and paid $4400. Second sister added to stateroom a few months later and total cost was $4900. $2450 each. Win, win! Extra drink package and on-board credit was included also.

Only problem is as the ship is close to selling out . The issue is about max passengers for each life boat station. There are no exceptions for this. A few people have been upset as they assumed they could add a person as their room had a bunk. The answer was no. It might have been ok if they were in a muster area that was not at capacity. I remember one post where a family booked cabins with bunks so they could add a family member later. They were very upset when their plans didn't work out.

Hello Everyone, I am a pro at RCCL, but not Celebrity! Need your advice! Want to know if this is the correct way to go? Booking solo, then if friend wants to go on cruise, change to double occupancy! Thanks in advance!:)

Book as a double with the second person TBD (to be determined) then if you go solo just cancel the second.

Book as a double with the second person TBD (to be determined) then if you go solo just cancel the second.

Exactly! Or even use a name, you can always change that as long as one of the original names on the reservation stays. We booked a cabin for our 2 adult children and one had to cancel. I wanted to wait as long as possible to cancel that incase their plans changed last minute so I called (obviously we all know you can get still get bad info even if you do that) and the celebrity agent I spoke with said canceling was no problem even after final payment up to boarding as the only difference in cost was port taxes which is based on departure head count. Well I didn't wait that long, but did cancel about 3 weeks before departure and it worked just as I was told. IMO much better to lock in rate and then have a "no show" than possibly deal with a rate increase when adding someone.

Exactly!

My sister sails solo with us often and she always books it as a double either with a name or a name TBD. By final payment time, she knows if she'll have a travel partner. If she does, they get all the benefits offered at the time of her booking. If she doesn't, the port taxes for the second person are dropped from the reservation.

My sister sails solo with us often and she always books it as a double either with a name or a name TBD. By final payment time, she knows if she'll have a travel partner. If she does, they get all the benefits offered at the time of her booking. If she doesn't, the port taxes for the second person are dropped from the reservation.

And you're guaranteed to be able to have the second person.