Using Ship Card on Harvest Caye

jbyrd72

I have seen some conflicting information on the use of your ship card on Harvest Caye. Can you use these at the restaurants and bars on Harvest Caye or do you need cash? Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Last year I was able to use my key-card to get a T-shirt at the store connected to the Jimmy Buffet restaurant, however I wasn't able to use my OBC to pay for it. All of that could have changed now so I would love to hear an update.

Last year I was able to use my key-card to get a T-shirt at the store connected to the Jimmy Buffet restaurant, however I wasn't able to use my OBC to pay for it. All of that could have changed now so I would love to hear an update.

Prior to Summer 2017 (I believe in July), one could use their room card for purchases on Harvest Cay.

Since then, Cash or Credit Cards ONLY, for ALL purchases on Harvest Cay!

If you want to participate in activities, such as Kayaks, SUPs, Ropes Course, ect., those must be booked at the shore Excursion Desk using one's room card. Excursions can be pre-booked online or by calling the Shore Excursion desk at 1-800-625-1167.

I hope you enjoy Harvest Caye. We have been there a couple of times now and loved it. On our last cruise we finally got to go to Great Stirrup Caye which I had been looking forward to. Comparing the two, we enjoyed HC more but we could see why some love GSC.

I hope you enjoy Harvest Caye. We have been there a couple of times now and loved it. On our last cruise we finally got to go to Great Stirrup Caye which I had been looking forward to. Comparing the two, we enjoyed HC more but we could see why some love GSC.

We are planning to take the ferry over to Placentia for a few hours while we are there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are planning to take the ferry over to Placentia for a few hours while we are there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm pretty sure you can only leave the island on a ship sponsored shore excursion. There is no public ferry that goes to the mainland. (At least in March 2017 there wasn't)

It is now March 2018 and there IS a shuttle to the mainland.

Good to know. Did they build up the port on the mainland side? Last year there was a dock and an area for buses to pick up the tours. There wasn't even what I would call a town nearby. Just housing for the local who work on the private island.

Good to know. Did they build up the port on the mainland side? Last year there was a dock and an area for buses to pick up the tours. There wasn't even what I would call a town nearby. Just housing for the local who work on the private island.

It goes NE to Placencia

Greetings

All your food and drinks (even cocktails and beer if you have UBP) are included on GSC. You have to pay extra for everything at Harvest Cay. We did really like the pool at Harvest Cay but having extra charges was a turn off.

Good Sailing

Tom

Greetings

All your food and drinks (even cocktails and beer if you have UBP) are included on GSC. You have to pay extra for everything at Harvest Cay. We did really like the pool at Harvest Cay but having extra charges was a turn off.

Good Sailing

Tom

Yes, those were things we were looking forward to on GSC. For us, waiting in long lines for the drinks wasn't really worth it. Also, although we got priority tendering we had a tough time finding a shady spot for a lounger. For the beach we found a little space on, the walk in area was super rocky and crowded. We were on the Escape so there were lots of others looking for the same things.

On HC, also on the Escape, we loved the pool and there were plenty of shady loungers. It was super easy to walk back to the ship for lunch and no waiting for a tender. We could easily carry drinks off the ship too. I guess it's all a very personal choice for what you enjoy.

I'm not so sure I would call the walk easy. While there were no obstacles or impediments, it was a VERY long walk.

You are so right about the no obstacles or impediments.

I've had two knee surgeries (torn ACL) so I found the nice even, but long walk to and from the ship much easier on HC than the uneven ground on GSC during our long search for a shady spot!

Both are nice, but we did prefer HC:cool:

• 4 months later...
Was just there a few weeks ago. You cannot use you on board account for any purchases on the island.

Assuming this is still true, no using ship card on Harvest Caye. Do all the places there take credit cards including the little beverage or food places by the beach?

Assuming this is still true, no using ship card on Harvest Caye. Do all the places there take credit cards including the little beverage or food places by the beach?

Cash and visa/mastercard only. No AMX..lol. Found out after I waited in line and placed my order for my rum filled coconut. Excuse me, while I run away and get my husbands card :')