Bidding when "sold out"

Njkrewzer

Has anyone ever been successful in bidding on a sold out category?

Every successful upgrade moves people up. So, the sold out category may not be sold out. Also, there are last minute cancellations. We have have cancelled several times week of cruise.

I just got an upgrade offer to bid for a garden villa and they show sold out. I mean those people can’t move up so I don’t know what that’s all about. LOL

Cancellations happen at all levels. We've sailed in a DOS on the Breakaway 3 times and one of them we needed to cancel and reschedule because of a work conflict. It certainly happens less frequently, but it does happen.

Thank you all for the responses. I'm booked in an H3 and bid on an H2, but both H2's are showing sold out. I've read that sometimes the room isn't really sold, rather they freeze it up for the bidding process (doesn't make sense to me, I've just seen it posted a couple times).

I just got an upgrade offer to bid for a garden villa and they show sold out. I mean those people can’t move up so I don’t know what that’s all about. LOL

OK the Garden Villa is sold out - "BUT" the guests have not paid in full for the Villa yet (inside of 120 day final payment

date for a suite - or 90 days for other non-suite cabins).

If the guests default on the final payment the cabin may go back into inventory but may not be advertised as such.

NCL may option it to standby guests waiting in the lurch or placed on a bid date and time of award to be determined.

If seriously interested in a cabin or specific class of cabin - it would not hurt to let NCL know about it.

If you are willing to pay full fare for that cabin why would NCL put it up for bid for less ?

A lot of factors are not known as to how NCL handles its business.

OK the Garden Villa is sold out - "BUT" the guests have not paid in full for the Villa yet (inside of 120 day final payment

date for a suite - or 90 days for other non-suite cabins).

If the guests default on the final payment the cabin may go back into inventory but may not be advertised as such.

NCL may option it to standby guests waiting in the lurch or placed on a bid date and time of award to be determined.

If seriously interested in a cabin or specific class of cabin - it would not hurt to let NCL know about it.

If you are willing to pay full fare for that cabin why would NCL put it up for bid for less ?

A lot of factors are not known as to how NCL handles its business.

I got the offer 80 days from sailing so if they garden villa has been booked it has to be paid for. I’m in the haven and happy with my cabin, but I did throw a couple of grand out there for a bid. Why not, right? :cool: