Meraviglia Review

Babyeddiedog

Terrific review, Babyeddiedog. :)

I had to google "passeggiata" - what a perfect Italian word to describe what one would do in the Galleria area.

I totally agree with you about the Meraviglia lounge. There wouldn't even be standing room some nights and the band that played when we are aboard were fantastic. Such a shame the venue is so poor, with so little seating. And, as you pointed out, if you were lucky to get a seat, you risked losing it if you got up to dance. The fact that it opens onto the Galleria area doesn't help, either. When the ceiling "show" plays, the band has to stop 'til it's over.

On the subject of the ceiling "show"; one night we were dining in Butchers' Cut when the "show" started. It was a children's tune - it was loud and jingly and totally spoiled the atmosphere for us. Unfortunately we were still in the restaurant for the next "show" - so we had to endure it twice. Really not conducive to an enjoyable dining experience.

Delighted to read that you enjoyed the YC and that the food was tasty - we found that, too. Best YC food we've ever had!

We've booked an inside YC cabin on Meraviglia for late next year in the Caribbean, so your description of the cabin is very helpful.

On the subject of the ceiling "show"..... it was a children's tune - it was loud and jingly and totally spoiled the atmosphere for us.

That's what did it for us too!

Delighted to read that you enjoyed the YC and that the food was tasty - we found that, too. Best YC food we've ever had!

You already know, but it was thanks to you that we went for the YC, food was one of our big must have's, so thanks again. It was WONDERFUL

We've booked an inside YC cabin on Meraviglia for late next year in the Caribbean, so your description of the cabin is very helpful.

I have pictures if you want, but it's pretty much an inside cabin!

Great review. Thank you very much. We leave in 9 days in the yacht club and can’t wait.

Djp

Djp - Make sure you acquaint yourself with Alson, tall guy from St. Vincent. He served us every night in the YC lounge and he was brilliant, he anticipated our every need! He's now managing the YC Sundeck Bar. Please tell him that Wendy & Jeff (the tea trolley man) send him their very best wishes.

You'll find all the staff in the YC amazing, especially Ahmed the Concierge, the Polish waiters & Raffaele from Napoli, and Edo the pianist. I think we kept him amused all week with our dancing!

I'd love to see some photos of the cabin. Bear in mind, B, that there will be huge interest in reviews of Meraviglia when she heads Stateside, so anything you add on here will, no doubt, be invaluable come next year! ;p