Taking guests into Concierge Lunch

Jon StroudUK

I did not to mean to be sarcastic. I was just responding to your comment about how suites guests could not dine in MDR on embarkation day and I was wondering if you were turned away when you were staying in a suite.

Don’t worry. I didn’t take it as you being sarcastic at all, just asking a genuine question.

At the end of the day, aside from the OP understanding the rules, from a common sense point of view if there are 9 of you turning up to the MDR on embarkation day, eight have their gold cards in hand and one hasn’t I really don’t think the Maitre d' would ask that one person to go to the buffet on their own because they aren’t allowed in. Hardly what Celebrity want to promote to you as their attitude on the first day. Just ask nicely at the door.

Phil

I did not to mean to be sarcastic. I was just responding to your comment about how suites guests could not dine in MDR on embarkation day and I was wondering if you were turned away when you were staying in a suite.

In that case, I apologize for my heated response. So, no I’ve not been turned away from embarkation lunch in the MDR because I’ve not attempted to dine there. I was responding to HannaRay’s question asking if the MDR embarkation lunch was only open to Concierge and above. I knew the answer to “and above” was no, because I’ve read Celebrity marketing materials and recent threads discussing Concierge benefits.

The MDR embarkation luncheon is a Concierge Class only benefit. Aqua and Suites are not included. As excitedofharpenden kindly reminded me, Zenith passengers are also invited to the luncheon. I believe B2B passengers have been invited as well. Certainly, the staff have some discretion about admission, so as I said in an earlier post, I hope the OP’s request is successful.

The Concierge luncheon on Silhouette was quiet and calm on Feb 18 and 25. It doubled as the B2B luncheon. Nice not to fight the Oceanview.

We also miss the Bistro on 5, but those days are gone. I personally think they would do well if they had one of the specialty restaurants open with a very limited menu for a discounted price on embarkation, since embarkation was when the Bistro seems to get the most business for a number of years.

Can you imagine, if Tucson was open, only offered a choice of salad or soup, a couple of entrees (chicken parm, a fish, a pasta with a cream sauce ) and some small finisher? I'd pay extra in a heartbeat!

I found the Concierge menu for lunch - Oceanview Cafe looks a lot better.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180127/9912fdfa81678d8a98744b9a93394302.jpg

I don’t think it’s so much the menu and variety, but more that you can sit down and be served without fighting the buffet at lunch on embarkation day.

Phil

I don’t think it’s so much the menu and variety, but more that you can sit down and be served without fighting the buffet at lunch on embarkation day.

Phil

And that's the real benefit of the perk!